Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel bed leveling

Posted by bolec 
Kossel bed leveling
April 17, 2016 06:05PM
Hi guys
I have another issue, this time with bed leveling and help would be much appreciated
Done it so many times and still not correct.
I have calibrated X, Y, Z and center, they are same height as they should be, but places in between X Y and Z are not same.
I dont know what Iam doing wrong, but it causes me a proper headache as I tried almost everything.
Turned also bed many times, tought it might be bent, but result is still same.
I attached picture below so it makes more sense.
Can I enter Z values of this points (left, right, front) somewhere in the software manualy like I did with M666 for X Y Z?
Also, can this issue be caused by different lenght of rods? I tried my best to make them all same, but who knows if that can cause this problem.
Thanks.

Picture
Re: Kossel bed leveling
April 17, 2016 08:01PM
Can you add the actual measurements?
April 17, 2016 08:17PM
Yes, sure,
I set up my M666 to X-0.70 Y-1.30 Z-1.80

And by measuring positions of left, right and front (as shown on the picture in previous post) I need to adjust them from current position to: Left -0.3mm, Right +0.2mm and Front -0.5mm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 08:19PM by bolec.
April 17, 2016 10:19PM
You probably have a lean and/or twist in your towers.

1) Ensure that all towers are parallel, by using a set of calipers, measuring distance between towers at both top and bottom. All 6 measurements need to be within 0.05mm of each other.
2) Ensure that the bed is exactly at 90 degrees to all your towers.
3) Ensure that there is no twist in the top triangle, measured against the bottom triangle.
July 22, 2016 07:50AM
Hi guys,

I just found this post, because I have almost the same issue. But I guess, that none of the mentioned reasons is my problem, because the problem became much worse since I have changed my effector. Do you have any other ideas?
LVD
July 22, 2016 04:34PM
I had the same problem, I solved it by writing some added features into the Marlin firmware http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,634633,691057,page=5#msg-691057 . It is written for the Flsun delta, but it probably works on other printers as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login