Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FLSUN from AliExpres

Posted by LVD 
Re: FLSUN from AliExpres
October 18, 2016 05:58AM
Ok, so calibrate the towers then level the bed?
I've got a Pi 2. I would be keen to get repetier to work on it to control the machine... especially now sad smiley
For the life of me im so annoyed. So last night I finished printing my spool holder. Shit down the pc etc and went to bed. Today I start up the pc and printer and now it can't find the printer (com5) and I can't see anything in the device manager. I unplug re plug the printer and it sees it but doesn't know what it is, and attempting to reinstall the drivers has no effect. Aasrrrghh. I don't know if the boards shit itself or it's just windows being windows. So I might have to do a clean install.
October 18, 2016 07:43AM
Have you tried removing both power and USB from the printer, letting it sit about 20 seconds, then plug it back in? Or there is a small red button on the board that might be a reset (ive never pressed it), which if it is, that might help.

Another thing would be to check it on another computer. You can download the arduino drivers and software for mac from arduino.cc and Repetier at repetier.com to test on your macbook. It works fine. I initially got mine up and running using a macbook air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 07:57AM by patheticpuma.
October 18, 2016 07:58AM
Ah ok. I didn't realise there was drivers for mac. I will have a look tomorrow. I left it off for a while and restarted. Same problem. I'm not game enough to try the red button yet, although enticing. Stupid windows. I plug it into a different USB port and go through the driver setup again. Works on a different USB port now. And there's nothing wrong with any of the USB ports. Dumb. Anyways I'm going to do a fresh install anyways. And I'm thinking towards another pc to run it. Though I think I'll try get the sd card working properly first.
October 18, 2016 09:10AM
If you choose to go the raspberry pi route, i added a touch screen to mine, launch chromium in full screen and access the server, that the pi is running. This lets me drop all my gcode to the PI and I have a nice touch screen UI on the printer to control it. All I need to do now is draw up and print a mount that sets it on the top rails of the printer. Much cheaper and less power than another computer.

You can see how that looks at this video... youtube

This is the screen I bought.... eBay
October 18, 2016 11:02AM
I had the same problem and I heated the bed to 60C and then calibrated, when is cold looks like the gap is too big but when the bed is hot then is normal.
October 18, 2016 05:03PM
That is so cool! I'm keen to make that my setup. Was it hard to get the monitor working? Do I need anything else? Or does the screen plug into the Pi and run off the pis power? Ie does the screen come with everything I need?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 05:06PM by Theman.
October 19, 2016 07:22AM
Theman
That is so cool! I'm keen to make that my setup. Was it hard to get the monitor working? Do I need anything else? Or does the screen plug into the Pi and run off the pis power? Ie does the screen come with everything I need?

So the USB powers the monitor and the digitizer. Pretty well plug n play, other than some modifications to be made to config.txt and a few terminal commands to force the service to start, but you can PM me for all that info...not trying to make this a raspberry pi forum.

You will want a 2.4A power supply though. My 2.1A I thought would be sufficient, but it caused some system stability issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 07:23AM by patheticpuma.
October 19, 2016 07:06PM
Mad, yeh I only got a 2a supply. Will order a 3a tonight...and a screen.
Repetier server website has a sd card image of repetier server.do I'm going to try both the image and installing to raspbian and will report back.
Let see if we can help solve this problem. Well I'm trying but need help. My printer all works, I found the base layer the hardest to get right - but what I'm finding is I need to either adjust my bed and/calibrate the machine everyday. It just doesn't stay consistent. I know it's a cheap printer and I don't expect the works but how can I overcome this. Can someone outline a correct order sequence I should try to calibrate the machine? And tips the keep the calibration stable?
I'm using the spring and bolt method supplied with the machine to hold the bed in place. I'm wondering if it's worth printing out a solid support and mount the bed (so hopefully the bed doesn't move anymore).
Besides that I can't see why my calibration doesn't last. Ideas?
October 19, 2016 10:08PM
I wasnt using my printer and today when I auto calibrate went outside the bed.... I even though I broke somethingconfused smiley why is doing that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 10:09PM by slanwar.
October 19, 2016 10:17PM
G28? Check your printer settings. Make sure the bed type is correct and the axis are set to home at 0. Other than that not sure. Does it hit all 3 limit switches before going outside the bed? Or before.
October 19, 2016 11:09PM
strange, does the g28 like before but when I type g29 then goes outside the plate, trying again....
October 19, 2016 11:15PM
Now works after I flashed the firmware.
October 20, 2016 04:43PM
Did anyone else get the extra 1kg of filament when they ordered their FLSUN printer? I think (I hope) it's just crap filament. As soon as I tried using it I haven't got a print done. It seems to not flow very good. I tried changing the nozzle too which didn't help. The small roll worked great, the extra roll is dodgy. Experiences? Cause now I can't print till I get new filament sad smiley
October 21, 2016 08:35AM
They just gave me a few meters not a roll.
October 22, 2016 10:02AM
I got the extra 1kg of filament.
And it is really good. Very easy to print and sticks good to the bed.
I print with standard PLA settings in slic3r
October 22, 2016 06:49PM
I'm running standard pla settings too. I slowed down first layer to 15ms. I find it takes ages to flow and stick to the base, but once it does it works ok. My base is at 60 degrees for first layer
October 23, 2016 04:15PM
@slanwar: the extra 1kg of filament was a option to order, not free

In Slic3r i have 2 skirts configured. Because 1 was sometimes not enough before filament starts flowing.
heat bed at 60 C, extruder at 210 C and first layer at 10ms
October 23, 2016 08:08PM
What do u have as the initial layer height? If I've calibrated zero as a piece of paper thickness above the bed 0.1mm. What should my first layer be at. Currently I'm running it at 0.25mm. I run 2 skirts also and it's just starts feeding. I found in last nights print I had lots of bubbles during the print in two section. About an hour in and at the end (4h) I'm thinking the filament is not the best, but looking at it closely it looks fine. I dunno. I've ordered esun filament since people say it's good. Also ordering some new nozzles of eBay.
I think my beds not symmetrically circular. Almost like it's waved. I calibrate the printer, the bed and when I do a run around I still get high low spots inbeteen the adjustment screws. Any advise?
LVD
October 24, 2016 04:35AM
Calibrate the tower corrections
October 24, 2016 06:51AM
I will have look at tower corrections, thank you.

hey VLD, I've got a question. And first i appreciate your firmware. I have only used it and not the one supplied. so thanks. i honestly don't know what the differences are but i can't decipher it. but I've got a problem now I've moved to the raspberry pi. when i go to compile the code to upload to the printer, it errors.

"
In file included from ultralcd.cpp:38:0
ultralcd_implementation_hitachi_HD44780.h:197:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal.h:
No such file or directory
#include

compilation terminated.
"
does this make sense to you? or is it fixable? it says no such file or directory. I've copied all the files over and even tried downloading it again onto the pi and the same result.

any ideas would be great. thank you
or do i just use the firmware that came with it? what am i missing out on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2016 07:51AM by Theman.
LVD
October 24, 2016 12:05PM
Check if you have the LiquidCrystal library installed
October 24, 2016 04:37PM
How do I do that? i don't know why the windows version has it but the Linux version doesn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2016 04:48PM by Theman.
LVD
October 24, 2016 05:44PM
I'm not familiar with Raspberry Pi, but here's the library files
Attachments:
open | download - LiquidCrystal.cpp (8.9 KB)
open | download - LiquidCrystal.h (2.8 KB)
October 24, 2016 07:55PM
Thanks mate. I'll give it a shot when I get home.
October 24, 2016 09:49PM
Anybody uses a Mac? I decided to get a mini mac and I can't find a way to have repetier or pronterface to connect the printer, no serials so I'm lost confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 10:44AM by slanwar.
October 24, 2016 11:30PM
I have a MacBook Air. I haven't tried connecting it cause I find slic3r doesn't work properly. Using identical settings to my pc, it only generates code for the top right hand quadrant of the bed.
October 25, 2016 02:57AM
Deadly. Thank you VLD. That seems to allow me to compile the sketches now smiling smiley

i get this now when i try to upload to the printer
"
avrdude:stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): Timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
"

can anyone make sense of this ardor use a raspberry pi that can shed some light? i noticed in the setting on arduino on raspbian it allows you to select the board, serial port and programer but not the processor. anyway to deal with this?
October 26, 2016 04:54AM
hello i,m a noob

i start building my flsun but now
when i want to print (s3d)
the extruder wont start in de middle of my bed
he begin ad the left from my bed
i'm running lvd firmware
software is s3d
where can i ajust it

sorry for my bad english
October 26, 2016 10:06AM
id you setup the firmware for your printer ?
(see attached picture)
Attachments:
open | download - Slic3r Setting firmware.jpg (76.4 KB)
October 26, 2016 06:00PM
Make sure your bed config is circular and zero is set to centre.

I used cura last night... highly recommend it over slic3r. All the prints I've been having trouble with all printed perfectly (and better quality) than when using slic3r. And I used the same settings. It also seems to run smoother and is more refined. So all in all, everything works great except I can't use a raspberry Pi to upload firmware. After I can sort that it becomes a fully stand alone printer smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login