Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G30 A firmware with M401 M402 code

Posted by hoang82 
G30 A firmware with M401 M402 code
January 19, 2016 01:33AM
I am using both Rich Master and Test firmwares but just found out there is no M401 and M402 for servo up and down.

What are my options? I want to be able to run Rich's G30 auto calibrating but need M401 and M402 for probing. I can manually lower and raise with M280 code but I don't want to do that every time I print. I do have it in the Start code for now until I find out if M401 and M402 can be enabled on the firmwares.

If there is no work around, I am willing to try a different firmware that does G30.

Thanks for the help..
Re: G30 A firmware with M401 M402 code
January 27, 2016 01:55PM
I'm not sure there is another marlin fork with autocalibration, could try repetier firmware. Is it possible to add the servo code to Rich's version and therefore create your own fork?
February 01, 2016 02:19PM
Its been awhile since I last tinkered with Rich's firmware (currently working, no need to touch it). But I thought it included commands in the configuration for raising and lowering the probe, so the M401 / M402 weren't actually needed, it was hardcoded into the G30 A command.
February 01, 2016 06:22PM
Forgot I had posted this thread..

I ended up having to deploy and retract the probe manually because the m402 and m401 codes are not in the main.cpp

I've tried Repetier also but was making me scratch my head.

Reverted back to Rich's firmware and I have it working.
February 02, 2016 04:00PM
The following is the snippet of code in the Configuration.h file I was referring to. Not exactly sure what it all does as I am using FSR's and don't need to deploy / retract my Z probe. Hopefully it helps.

// Z-Probe variables
// Start and end location values are used to deploy/retract the probe (will move from start to end and back again) 
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET {0, 10, -5.6, 0}  // X, Y, Z, E distance between hotend nozzle and deployed bed leveling probe.
#define Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_START_LOCATION {20, 96, 30, 0}   // X, Y, Z, E start location for z-probe deployment sequence
#define Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_END_LOCATION {5, 96, 30, 0} 	  // X, Y, Z, E end location for z-probe deployment sequence
#define Z_PROBE_RETRACT_START_LOCATION {49, 84, 20, 0}  // X, Y, Z, E start location for z-probe retract sequence
#define Z_PROBE_RETRACT_END_LOCATION {49, 84, 1, 0}     // X, Y, Z, E end location for z-probe retract sequence 
February 02, 2016 10:39PM
Kurzaa
The following is the snippet of code in the Configuration.h file I was referring to. Not exactly sure what it all does as I am using FSR's and don't need to deploy / retract my Z probe. Hopefully it helps.

// Z-Probe variables
// Start and end location values are used to deploy/retract the probe (will move from start to end and back again) 
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET {0, 10, -5.6, 0}  // X, Y, Z, E distance between hotend nozzle and deployed bed leveling probe.
#define Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_START_LOCATION {20, 96, 30, 0}   // X, Y, Z, E start location for z-probe deployment sequence
#define Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_END_LOCATION {5, 96, 30, 0} 	  // X, Y, Z, E end location for z-probe deployment sequence
#define Z_PROBE_RETRACT_START_LOCATION {49, 84, 20, 0}  // X, Y, Z, E start location for z-probe retract sequence
#define Z_PROBE_RETRACT_END_LOCATION {49, 84, 1, 0}     // X, Y, Z, E end location for z-probe retract sequence 

Thats for the allen key delpoy ment and retraction.
He has a servo mounted probe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login