Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Alu-extrusion for robotdigg corners and T3P3 delrin rollers?

Posted by o_lampe 
Which Alu-extrusion for robotdigg corners and T3P3 delrin rollers?
November 25, 2015 03:42AM
Hi guys,
I wanted to upgrade my Delta with Robotdiggs Aluminum corners.
I used to use T-Nut 5 extrusions before and was happy with the delrin rollers from T3P3.
But now the extrusions don't fit in the Alu corners. Their extra inner guides are to wide for Nut 5. ( 5.6mm vs. 5mm )
I ordered Nut6 extrusion and they are a loose fit, but now also the delrin rollers don't fit.

Is there any other standard Alu extrusion profile that fits both? Do I have to buy openbeam v-nut? Where to buy in Europe?
-Olaf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 03:48AM by o_lampe.
Re: Which Alu-extrusion for robotdigg corners and T3P3 delrin rollers?
November 25, 2015 04:32AM
o_lampe
Hi guys,
I wanted to upgrade my Delta with Robotdiggs Aluminum corners.
I used to use T-Nut 5 extrusions before and was happy with the delrin rollers from T3P3.
But now the extrusions don't fit in the Alu corners. Their extra inner guides are to wide for Nut 5. ( 5.6mm vs. 5mm )

I had the same problem with Motedis I-profile extrusion and Robotdigg corners. In the end I used a Dremel to widen the slots at the ends of the vertical extrusions so that they fitted in the corners.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 25, 2015 05:24AM
Thanks David, that was my "plan B" too.

I don't want to order extrusions from robotdigg or US_openbeam stuff, since they are 800mm long and shipping would be pretty expensive.

The other option is to print v-rollers that would match the Nut 6 extrusion, but I doubt they would work well.
Maybe we see matching delrin rollers in the future?
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 05:25AM by o_lampe.
November 25, 2015 05:53AM
o_lampe
Thanks David, that was my "plan B" too.

I don't want to order extrusions from robotdigg or US_openbeam stuff, since they are 800mm long and shipping would be pretty expensive.

The other option is to print v-rollers that would match the Nut 6 extrusion, but I doubt they would work well.
Maybe we see matching delrin rollers in the future?
-Olaf

Olaf

Ooznest in the UK do the openbuilds delrin mini Vee wheels which I used with open builds vee slot extrusion's (also from Ooznest)

Might not be the cheapest way tho (1 meter lengths of 20x20 is £9 ( about 13 eur) each and the vee wheels are £3 each (about 4.2 Eur) I Used 4 on each leg with a custom printed carrier to take the Robotdigg Allu carriages and 2 x eccentric spacers on each leg to allow for adjustment.

HTH just a little bit

ps the openbuild vee wheels do just about work on motedis B type extrusion.
November 25, 2015 06:08AM
Thanks dougal.
At least we have a European source for openbeam stuff ( or is it called openbuild ?)

I couldn't find a drawing of motedis B type extrusion, what's the width of the slot?
-Olaf
November 25, 2015 08:32AM
Olaf

See Motedis B type 20x20

it has a 6mm slot OpenBeam and OpenBuild are different products totally OpenBuild is tru Vee Slot profile so the wheels run much smoother see Openbuild Vee Slot check the drawings tab

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 08:34AM by dougal1957.
November 26, 2015 05:49AM
Doug
thanks for clarification.
Do you know the size of the bearing ooznest is using in their v-rollers? If it's OD is 10mm I could just order the rollers ( 1 BRP ) and replace them with my T3P3 rollers.
-Olaf
November 26, 2015 06:22AM
o_lampe
Doug
thanks for clarification.
Do you know the size of the bearing ooznest is using in their v-rollers? If it's OD is 10mm I could just order the rollers ( 1 BRP ) and replace them with my T3P3 rollers.
-Olaf

Looking at the drawing for the mini vee wheels it looks like they are indeed 10mm OD Bearings 4mm wide.

The bearings supplied are 5mm ID and the full kit comes with the precision washer to go between the bearings (You will need them) and also the M5 flat head Bolt Nyloc NUT And 6.35mm spacer

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 06:23AM by dougal1957.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login