Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help answer questions sad smiley Build new Delta 3D Printer for Newbie

Posted by GioLangLe 
Need help answer questions sad smiley Build new Delta 3D Printer for Newbie
November 17, 2015 05:09AM
I am really very bad english. And I try to use an automatic thing to translate, if it has errors hope you forgive and do not laugh at me.

- Now at me is 5:00 PM. I wish you a very happy day, if I'm not mistaken, the US 3:00 AM

- I started researching about 3 weeks ago printer, and I'm really overwhelmed by the beauty of this machine (info here: [www.e-mole.cz]) I have download the library at github.com about but I do not understand the first few issues of entries. Looking forward to your help.

a, Input
How much length of horizontal (triangle)
how much length of vertical
how much length of hardened steel rails and carriages HIWIN MGN-12H
Carbon rod length should be? first

How The link between effector has operated like? The adhesive here
I have taken pictures comes.

Re: Need help answer questions sad smiley Build new Delta 3D Printer for Newbie
November 17, 2015 05:18PM
Hello Giolangle,
I too am new to 3D printing and have recently finished building a Kossel. I chose it partly because they are beautiful compared to any of the other printers I have seen. The printer in your picture looks like a Kossel design. If so there seems to be two common sizes for these machines. The small machine uses 260mm for the horizontal extrusions with 600mm for the vertical legs. The large machine uses 300mm for the horizontal extrusions and 700mm for the vertical legs. The lengths for the HIWIN rails should be 400mm for the small machine and 500mm for the large machine. My printer is the large size machine and the carbon rod length is 230mm. However looking at your pictures this printer uses aluminum rods not carbon. The connection between the rods and the effector is by magnetic balls. This means it is easier to take the effector off if you need to. This machine looks like a very good design. Better quality than mine.

Don't worry about your English. The translation is OK

smiling smiley
November 18, 2015 05:22AM
Thank you for answers.
I've learned to expand the scale: 360mm horizontally and 720mm vertically.
How much Carbon rod length should be?
As designer heat bed could use to 250mm. A maximum of 260mm.
That's very wonderful.

It really is a challenge to myself.
November 18, 2015 03:33PM
Hello Giolangle,
the length of the rod should be enough so that the rod does not become horizontal when the nozzle is at the edge of the print zone. Maybe 15 degrees from horizontal. Are you going to design this printer yourself? That is more challenge than I would want. Are you OK on modifying the software for the changes in size? If not I would recommend buying a kit. That is less of a challenge but less risky too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login