Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel XL from Robotdigg

Posted by 4u2fast 
Kossel XL from Robotdigg
October 30, 2015 04:03AM
Hi,

i'm new to 3d printing and try to build the above mentioned printer, can anyone help me with the offsets of the machine ?
The 2020 profiles are 750mm and 360mm
In addition i'm looking for the best lenght for the rods.

thanks
Thomas
Attachments:
open | download - Kossel XL.jpg (100.2 KB)
Re: Kossel XL from Robotdigg
October 30, 2015 06:34AM
4u2fast
Hi,

i'm new to 3d printing and try to build the above mentioned printer, can anyone help me with the offsets of the machine ?
The 2020 profiles are 750mm and 360mm
In addition i'm looking for the best lenght for the rods.

thanks
Thomas

I am actually in the process of building one of these for a customer.

We are using a 300 mm diameter bed with an AC Silicon heater pad and have set the rods to 343 mm long (centre to centre of the rod ends which in our case are IGUS drylin KBRM-03 ends) 350 would be slightly better I think and mine will be just that (I have one in progress for myself as well)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2015 06:36AM by dougal1957.
October 30, 2015 07:27AM
great, thanks for the information !

are you using the aluminuim parts from robotdigg ?
Thanks
Thomas
October 30, 2015 12:45PM
4u2fast
great, thanks for the information !

are you using the aluminuim parts from robotdigg ?
Thanks
Thomas

Yes I am you can see a build log at Rommie's Delta

Doug
October 30, 2015 01:01PM
nice build !!! what controller are you using ?
i'm using Arduino due with Radds + Raps

Thomas
October 30, 2015 01:19PM
4u2fast
nice build !!! what controller are you using ?
i'm using Arduino due with Radds + Raps

Thomas

Using a Duet with a PanelDue touch screen controller
November 04, 2015 01:48AM
dougal1957
I am actually in the process of building one of these for a customer.
We are using a 300 mm diameter bed with an AC Silicon heater pad and have set the rods to 343 mm long (centre to centre of the rod ends which in our case are IGUS drylin KBRM-03 ends) 350 would be slightly better I think and mine will be just that (I have one in progress for myself as well)
Hello Also I'm building a Kossel XL
Starting from the kit Robotdigg but as trolleys and effector I took those magnetic Sharing Workshop Store No.718699
From Robotdigg I took the arms 300 but as I think is wrong actually post photos courts
He then confirmed his good arm to Kossel XL Kit Robotdigg and 350mm measure taken by the two centers holes cart effector?
Excuse my English are Italian and use google translator Automatic
It confirmed that it's okay as a base glass diameter 330mm?

Thank you

Excuse my English are Italian and use google translator Automatic

In Italiano

Ciao Anche io sto costruendo una Kossel XL
Partendo dal kit di Robotdigg ma come carrelli ed effector ho preso quegli magnetici da Sharing Workshop Store No.718699
Da Robotdigg ho preso i bracci da 300 ma come da foto effetivamente credo sia sbagliati corti
quindi mi confermate il braccio buono per Kossel XL Kit Robotdigg e da 350mm misura presa dai due centri fori carrello effector ?
Scusate il mio inglese sono italiano e uso google traduttore automatico
Mi confermate che va bene come base vetro diametro 330mm ?

Grazie

www.saviot.com Stampante Prusa I3 R2.2 By Nicola P.
Ramps 1.4 Con FW MarlinKimba Fusore HE IeC 1.75mm Con Flusso Canalizzatore Estrusori BullDog XL
Piano maggiorato 240*311mm pilotato da SSR 24V con letto scaldante autocostruito
Lavori in Corso Prossimetro Autolivellamento Z Gestione Remota Raspberry PI 2 con OctoPrint
Rilevamento ottico Fine Filo Illuminazione e Visione AreaStampa Remotata In costruzione Trafilatore TL-Plastic
November 04, 2015 02:25AM
You have connected to diagonal rods incorrectly. The rods in each pair must be parallel. You can correct this by disconnecting the parallel rods from the effector, rotating the effector 1/6 of a turn, and reconnecting them.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 04, 2015 02:27AM
First of all, your rods on the effector are at the wrong place. Turn the effector a bit and make the rods run parallel.
If your rods over all length with magnets is shorter than 350mm, you have to reduce print radius.
They are not useless, but reduce your print size.
-Olaf
November 04, 2015 03:42AM
Ok thanks is the first that put Delta

Tonight when I get home I try to connect as suggested and if I give you confirmation it is OK

So do you recommend the best measures of the arms to the Delta XL

And What maximum size of piatot can fit under?

:Edit

perfect as I remounted in photo now looks ok

Another question I have done well so I have to flip or effector and trucks?

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 11:21AM by saviothecnic.

Ramps 1.4 Con FW MarlinKimba Fusore HE IeC 1.75mm Con Flusso Canalizzatore Estrusori BullDog XL
Piano maggiorato 240*311mm pilotato da SSR 24V con letto scaldante autocostruito
Lavori in Corso Prossimetro Autolivellamento Z Gestione Remota Raspberry PI 2 con OctoPrint
Rilevamento ottico Fine Filo Illuminazione e Visione AreaStampa Remotata In costruzione Trafilatore TL-Plastic
November 05, 2015 02:11AM
Good morning,

could someone give me the figures for the Printer Radius, im using the MGN12 and Aluminium carriges. (360mm 2020)
not sure if 200 mm is ok ?!?!

Thanks
Thomas
Attachments:
open | download - dimensions.JPG (35.1 KB)
November 05, 2015 02:47AM
4u2fast
Good morning,

could someone give me the figures for the Printer Radius, im using the MGN12 and Aluminium carriges. (360mm 2020)
not sure if 200 mm is ok ?!?!

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas

Just had a measure of the one I am building from the same parts as you and I reckon that the printer Radius will be 200 mm (This will be fine tuned when you calibrate anyway) This is as close I can get using the Mark one Eyeball and a steel rule.

HTH

Doug
November 05, 2015 02:54AM
Thanks Doug !
November 05, 2015 04:43AM
No way the printer radius is 200mm.
Maybe you meant printbed diameter?!
My delta is bigger, and I'm struggling with 140mm print radius.
-Olaf
November 05, 2015 05:14AM
o_lampe
-Olaf

If they use repetier the "Printer Radius" describes a different measurement than what is used in Marlin or RRF.
November 05, 2015 11:28AM
Koenig
o_lampe
-Olaf

If they use repetier the "Printer Radius" describes a different measurement than what is used in Marlin or RRF.

Indeed it does from the Diagram the OP posted the printer radius is the distance from the centre line of the carriages to the centre of the bed!

The print radius I think will be of the order of 130 to 140 as you have Olaf The two that I am building have 300 mm diameter heated bed's made of 5 mm ECOCAST Tool plate (Aluminium) with a 400w 250 Diameter AC Silicon heater under twitch a 7 mm thick Cork insulator under the whole assembly.

Doug

P.S I also use RRF on a Duet for them but I think the OP is using Repeater on a ramps/mega setup.
November 19, 2015 03:28AM
I confirmed that well so I put the belt on the truck?
Another question is how the tents cighia
I think it's different than the Kossel XL with plastic corners
who tend to screw up that right?

Thank you

April 18, 2016 01:37AM
I would like to cut or cut me unless enters my cnc milling
a triangular frame 6mm thick to be fixed under the Kossel XL

First question you know who cuts to good aluminum or iron prices?
On the net I found this [www.lasermio.com]
has anyone tried it goes well or know of cheaper?

Another question I'm not sure that my design is ok

Do you have a cad 2d DXF design for the shape of the Kossel XL
something like this?

I just also a ditallow 2d of angular Robotdigg I used

Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login