Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet + PanelOne

Posted by Ace67aod 
Duet + PanelOne
October 09, 2015 09:08PM
So If i have a Duet8.5 do I need to provide my PanelOne with its own power supply?? I recently got my duet0.8.5 and PanelOne from T3DP3D
Any suggestions from anyone who has rigged this up?? Could i just use the spare red wire from the ramps power loom? Or can the Duet power the PanelOne? im a little confused on the directions...

Anything helps..
Thanks!
Re: Duet + PanelOne
October 10, 2015 03:11AM
There is no support in RepRapFirmware for the Panel One. I suggest you return your PanelOne to T3P3 for credit against a PanelDue.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 10, 2015 03:12AM
dc42
There is no support in RepRapFirmware for the Panel One. I suggest you return your PanelOne to T3P3 for credit against a PanelDue. The PanelDue can take its power from the Duet 0.8.5.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 10, 2015 10:54AM
Sorry i'm having mental difficulties with typing and thinking...what I was meaning to say was the PanelDue. I was little unclear on the directions for the duet0.8.5 and providing power to the panelDue.....Thanks for your feedback once again DC42 I am in the middle of upgrading my mini kossel to the Duet+PanelDue+ differential IR probe! but from the above im going to assume the Duet0.8.5 is good to go with power from the Duet!
October 10, 2015 11:46AM
I have the PanelDue connected to the expansion connector of my 0.8.5 board, because the 4-pin PanelDue connector on my board is fouled by the horizontal extrusion on my Kossel. But another user has worked it out and tells me that the wire colours from the PanelDue connect to the 4-pin PanelDue connector on the Duet 0.8.5 in this order: green, blue or white, black, red. With green being closest to the corner of the board. You won't damage anything if you wire it up incorrectly, as long as you don't do anything really silly like feed 12V into the PanelDue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2015 11:47AM by dc42.

October 17, 2015 12:04PM
That other user might be me as I have the PanelDue connected via the panel connector. Here are the wire colors as they come off the PanelDue and a modified wiring diagram that shows the pins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login