Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta autolevel with marlin

Posted by sungod3k 
Delta autolevel with marlin
October 03, 2015 07:47AM
Hi,

is anyone using G29 successfully with the newer marlin versions 1.0.2 or 1.1RC1-2 atm? Im getting a slight tilt in the adjustment plane that doesn't matter for small models but becomes quite visible at the 20x20cm range.
Re: Delta autolevel with marlin
October 03, 2015 10:07AM
I'm using ABL with 1.1.RC1 and it kinda works. Since I use ABL, I printed with a 0.5mm nozzle and 0.35mm first layer, not a big challenge, though...
I didn´t print real big parts yet, but the paper test worked flawless all around the bed.
-Olaf
October 03, 2015 10:14AM
hm, are you using manual or digital endstop adjustments?
October 03, 2015 07:36PM
I just manually recalibrated and I can print with g29 and getting it to stick reasonably well. With g29 the same tilted plane shows up.
October 04, 2015 04:12AM
sungod3k
hm, are you using manual or digital endstop adjustments?

I calibrated everything through pronterface. I wrote makros to probe in front of each tower and the center. Using M666 I adjusted the results of the towers to match the z-probe offset in firmware.
Then I calibrated the center, by changing delta_radius length with M665. You have to do the tower calibration again when changing delta_radius, but because they are all equalized already, you can use M206 to lift/drop the hole mechanic.
-Olaf

Example of three probes at tower A:
G1 F4000 X-124.8 Y-72 Z20
g30
g0 z20
g30
g0 z20
g30
g0 x0 y0 z100

October 05, 2015 12:37AM
Can you write the whole process,
Maybe a little comment after each line
New user, everything a little fuzzy
Dada
October 05, 2015 03:42AM
My english skills are not the best when it comes to describe technical things. I also don´t own a blog where I´d have the freedom to add screenshots and stuff.

There are some good blogs out there, where the oldfashioned way is described. Just adapt it to the new M-codes.
[delta-calibration.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com]

-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2015 03:45AM by o_lampe.
October 05, 2015 07:26AM
@ dada I still find adjustment screws on the carriages easier and repetier has an interesting new approach to endstop correction. theres a vid about that on the repetier youtube channel.

as for olampes routine.
in the first line he defines a point in front of one of the towers (there are explanation/ tutorials on how to calculate them according to your printers radius)
g30 probe the height at that point and moves up 2cm to get a new measurement and repeats that 2 more times to get an average value.
then you can use the M666 to define the endstop adjustment for each tower and save it to eeprom with m500 (i didnt find the corresponding variables in the firmware, maybe olampe knows where they are hiding in the config?)
October 05, 2015 04:23PM
There is no equivalent variable for the M666 command in firmware. The FW expects perfectly aligned endstops ( by adjuster screws )

What dada was asking for, is a complete walkthrough for the calibration process.
-Olaf
October 05, 2015 07:09PM
I have a folger tech delta printer, it does not have adjusting screws. Maybe I will need to buy the carriers with adjusting screws.
Dada.
October 06, 2015 03:55AM
Dada
I have a folger tech delta printer, it does not have adjusting screws. Maybe I will need to buy the carriers with adjusting screws.
Dada.

...or use a drill and some guts? winking smiley
-Olaf
October 06, 2015 04:40AM
Delta firmwares provide the M666 command so that you don't need adjusting screws on the homing switches.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 06, 2015 07:03AM
dc42
Delta firmwares provide the M666 command so that you don't need adjusting screws on the homing switches.

Now I'm not 100% about this but what I get from following the FolgerTech thread (started out myself with this kit) is that the "provided" firmware from FT is an early Marlin which lacks support for M666.
As I said not 100% about that though, I actually never tried with the FT firmware as it was outdated (my opinion), I just went for a newer version straight away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login