Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Config .h (Motors give off high pitch)

Posted by Zulance 
Config .h (Motors give off high pitch)
August 23, 2015 10:00AM
I built a delta printer and seem to be having some issues getting the machine to move. I use Repetier 0.83 Firmware because its easy to use and I can understand most of it. When trying to use 0.91 and 0.92 it becomes very confusing. I did get my machine move using the 0.92 but it was really choppy and the machine was trying to drive its way through my end stops. I attached a copy of my Config .H file in hopes someone might be able to help me out. I am using an ATX 400 rated at 18A. I don't have a heater bed hooked up yet, just the motors. The motor are Nema 17's. I burned my whole weekend and got no where's with this. Would be willing to compensate someone for their time if this is an in depth fix.

Nema 17 Stepper Motors
Ramps Board 1.4
Arduino Mega 2560
Retetier Firmware 0.83
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (47.3 KB)
Re: Config .h (Motors give off high pitch)
August 23, 2015 10:36AM
Did you configure the drivers correctly?
All microstep jumpers set?
Vref adjusted?
Tried running the Ramps-test software?

Start with the hardware first, before you blame the software.
-Olaf
Attachments:
open | download - _Ramps_test.ino (3.2 KB)
August 23, 2015 03:46PM
Hey Olaf,

I did test out all of the hardware before assembling the unit, the motors functioned. Once I fully assembled the unit I started running into this problem. I have spent months watching YouTube videos and assumed I knew what was needed for the build. Unfortunately between the software and firmware, its kicking my butt. I think I configured the drivers correctly, but not sure how to test out the drivers to make sure. I have been using Arduino 1.0.5-r2 with the Repetier 0.83 firmware. It what was working on my old machine I purchase from a kit. I start swapping part around to test things out and now both of my printer are acting the same. I wish there was a guide for compatibility for drivers along with firmware. I can only assume it is an incompatibility issue seeing how I can get the machine to move with a newer firmware. It moves choppy with the newer firmware, but at least it moved. Any suggestions as to what firmware/software I should use?

I am not sure what you are talking about for the micro step jumpers, and Vref. I am still learning as I go. Thanks for your help in this matter.
August 24, 2015 03:09AM

Pololu stepper drivers: [reprap.org]

The reprap-wiki is a much better source of information than youtube.
Make sure you have identified your drivers ( A4988/ A4982 or DRV8825 ) because the orientation they mount on Ramps is different.
-Olaf

PS: DonĀ“t kill all your drivers, you might need the other printer winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2015 03:09AM by o_lampe.
August 24, 2015 06:21AM
Wow. that could of been my problem the entire time. I loaded my firmware at least 50 times or better trying different ideas. I was able to move my machine around, but not smooth. I don't see any burnt chips or smell on any of my drivers or boards, but not my board will not accept my firmware anymore. Is that a sign that I ruined my board? How would you tell if your drivers are burnt as well?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login