Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta with heated chamber. Show and tell.

Posted by jaguarking11 
Delta with heated chamber. Show and tell.
July 28, 2015 10:33AM
I have finaly finished enclosing my delta printer. I need to add another layer of internal insulation however for the most part the heated chamber is done.

For a heater I am using a automotive 100w auxilary heater. It is being controlled by a small thermostat that I bought from aliexpress.

This is a video of the printer in action and a bit of info.

[youtu.be]

If you have any questions or coments please feel free to ask or say.

-Bruno M.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 10:33AM by jaguarking11.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Re: Delta with heated chamber. Show and tell.
July 28, 2015 11:02AM
How are you cooling the hotend in the heated environment? Is the temperature in the chamber low enough that the hotend fan still provides adequate cooling?
Re: Delta with heated chamber. Show and tell.
July 28, 2015 12:22PM
wfcook
How are you cooling the hotend in the heated environment? Is the temperature in the chamber low enough that the hotend fan still provides adequate cooling?

Honestly it has not been an issue as of yet. I have done a 3 hour print with the heated chamber at 50c. It has not been an issue so far. Honestly I don't think its going to be an issue, if it does I will use a flexible silicone hose and a cage fan to feed it. The trick is that I print with ABS right now, it has no stiction problems unless the heatsink is going to 80c+, and will most likely turn off the heated chamber and run the evacuation fan as well as keep the door open for PLA I am planing on testing soon.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login