Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro' latest printer kit - it's a delta!

Posted by dc42 
RepRapPro' latest printer kit - it's a delta!
May 22, 2015 11:52AM
I've just returned from the London 3DPrint show, where RepRapPro was showing off their new 3D printer kit:

The price is only £199 + VAT, making it competitive with cheap Chinese kits. Best of all, it uses Duet electronics (it's running my fork of RepRapFirmware), so the web interface and fast auto calibration come as standard.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: RepRapPro' latest printer kit - it's a delta!
May 22, 2015 12:01PM
That's just a bit of a bargain

What's it like Dave Build Quality etc.

Doug
May 22, 2015 12:20PM
dougal1957
That's just a bit of a bargain

What's it like Dave Build Quality etc.

Doug

The build quality looked very good to me - although what they were showing were a couple of prototypes, and they will need to maintain the quality in mass production. As you can see form the photo, the carriages are mounted around two linear bearings on smooth rods. The top corners are printed, and the 3 sides are acrylic. There is also an acrylic triangle on the top. The whole structure seemed to be very rigid and I wasn't able to make it wobble.

I can't remember what the print size is, but AFAIR it's 120mm (might have been 140mm) Print size is 150mm diameter, and build height 180mm. The bed is not heated, and they were printing PLA on masking tape. The bed has a ball on each corner, and the ball is pushed up by a spring against a pair of parallel rods. This forms a switch that is used as the Z probe. Here is a better picture of it:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 04:59AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

May 22, 2015 12:58PM
[reprappro.com]

I guess they wanted to compete in price with the Tiko [www.kickstarter.com]
May 23, 2015 05:13PM
Forget the tiko, it is done by guys who were unable to say that ninja flex was impossible to be printed with the tiko ... Sounds like lot of peop,e will be disappointed there .. As often.

I really really would love this to have an heated bed ... Or at least in the future!

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login