Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini kossel ready... no motor want to move ?

Posted by Lerathel 
Mini kossel ready... no motor want to move ?
May 15, 2015 06:46PM
Used Blomker guide. In pronterface I cant get the printer to move. none of the motor turn. even the extruder.

Any advice ?
Re: Mini kossel ready... no motor want to move ?
May 15, 2015 07:13PM
Do I need to have power on the 11A connection and the 5A or is only the 5A is ok (no heated bed)
PS-on pin position important ? Im using an atx power suply and I welded togeter the green and black.
May 16, 2015 04:32AM
You don't need to supply power to the 11A connector if you don't have a heated bed.

If the fan in the ATX PSU is running, then your wiring of the ATX PS_ON signal is OK.

Are you able to heat the hot end? If so then you know that 12V power is reaching the board.

Have you tried sending a home command to the printer? Some firmwares will refuse to move a delta printer until it has been homed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 16, 2015 02:52PM
Yes I tired the home command. I spent 6 hour straight last night trying things. and yes I was able to heat the extruder 2 time, toehr time it does not respond.

I just read that DRV8825 have their potentiometer placed backward and need to be installed on the opposite side from what all tutorial tell us to do... (why this is the default driver to buy on the mini kossel wiki page)
If that the case I fried them all by placing them with the

I use 3 jumper so im at 1/32 micro stepping since I use DRV8825 and not 1/16 ? Do I need to double #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {100, 100, 100, 95} ? ( im using 16T pulley)

Is the last one correct (95) Im using a geared stepper motor for my extruder.

I placed the jumper next to the reset switch on vcc and 5v since I read that theyre is no current on the stepper drivers if not placed this way. (after taking the picture)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2015 02:55PM by Lerathel.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150515_182629.jpg (438.1 KB)
May 16, 2015 06:35PM
Sorry, I use neither RAMPS/Marlin nor DRV8825, so I can't help you much. I briefly had a Mini Kossel running Marlin on RAMPS with A4982 drivers, but I quickly converted it to Duet electronics - see my signature for details.

I believe a standard Mini Kossel with 16x microstepping has 80 steps/mm, in which case it should be 160 steps/mm using DRV8825 configured for 1/32 microstepping. However, given that Arduino/RAMPS can barely run a delta using 1/16 microstepping, I'm not at all sure it could handle 1/32 microstepping.

Steps/mm for a geared extruder using 1/16 microstepping is normally in the 400-500 range.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 17, 2015 06:40PM
The voltage on my drv8825 was way too hight, I calibrated them with a multimeter to match the spec of each motor based on pololu official calculation. Everything is fine. I calibrated it too.

I made a dry print by removing the line that heat the extruder. Its beaudiful !!!

My step per milimiter is 200, I just need to calculate the step per milimiter of my geared nema extruder. I need to look for the correct formula for this.

Its sad that NONE of each tutorials I looked at talked about calibrating the stepper driver and none of them where using drv8825 wich NEED to be instaled backward to work... at least they dont burn up haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 06:41PM by Lerathel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login