Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Machine Electronics

Posted by Freebird01 
Re: Delta Machine Electronics
June 26, 2015 03:17PM
makes sense.

Just to clarify (and i hope i dont sound like a complete idiot here...)

I haven't been able to get the web interface to connect so i am using pronterface for now.

so i flash the board with the .bin file... then edit the config.g file to my parameters... then run that file in pronterface? Do I need to run that config.g everytime i turn on the printer?
June 26, 2015 04:06PM
Provided you put config.g in the /sys folder of the SD card, it is run automatically when you turn the printer on or reset it.

There are good commissioning instructions for the Duet at [reprappro.com]. They are geared towards Cartesian printers, but the basic steps for putting the right files on the SD card, updating the firmware, and connecting via USB or Ethernet are the same.

One thing to be aware of is that if you want to connect the Duet by cable to your laptop, and your laptop is also connected to WiFi, then you need to bridge the network ports. The simplest way to get going is to connect the printer Ethernet port directly to your router instead, and set its IP address in config.g. to 0.0.0.0, which tells it to get an IP address from the router by DHCP.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 26, 2015 04:08PM
PS - if you use DHCP, then set the machine name to something simple like kossel, so you can just type kossel/ into the address bar of your browser to connect to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2015 04:11PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 26, 2015 07:37PM
Thanks David.... That page was very helpful. Hopefully by next week I'll be making parts. I'm traveling over the weekend so I had to walk away.
June 30, 2015 08:22PM
ok...next issue... have it powered up. it will read the thermisters and heat the bed and the hot end. it will advance the extruder on command (when its at the proper temp of course) but when i try to home it...it trys to power right through the end stops. the LED's on the duet board are lighting up when the switch is clicked by hand. im using the makerbot type 3 wire end stop....

thoughts?
July 01, 2015 05:08AM
Check the M574 command in your config.g file, see [reprap.org]. For a delta the parameters should be X2 Y2 Z2 because all towers have an endstop at the high end. It is recommended to use normally closed endstop switches, which means the associated LEDs will normally be lit but turn off when the endstop switch is triggered. Using normally open endstop switches should work if you change S1 to S0 in the M574 command, but there will be reduced noise immunity.

July 01, 2015 11:30AM
that did it....thanks!

slowly working on setting up all the other parameters. im hoping i can get a test print in today
July 01, 2015 11:37AM
ok...another question..

if i have my steps/mm on all axis the same (20t pulleysx1/16" micro step = 80steps/mm) why would the Z axis move faster then the other two when homing?
July 01, 2015 02:56PM
Check the setting for homing speed . . .

- Tim
July 01, 2015 03:16PM
I'm still working on adjusting these but here are miles files as they stand right now

*edit*

not sure which value did it but now it moves like it should....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 03:18PM by Freebird01.
Attachments:
open | download - config.g (3.2 KB)
open | download - homedelta.g (553 bytes)
July 02, 2015 11:37AM
So I made a video of it running.. How can I change the speed at which it decends for the homing sequence. I am not finding this anywhere... i believe its skipping steps thats why the angry growl on its decent.

Delta Printer moving
July 02, 2015 04:03PM
The speeds during the homing sequence are set in the homedelta.g file. The initial homing speed is set by the F5000 parameter one the G1 S1 command. It is quite normal for the motors to make a bit of a growling sound during that phase when all the carriages are moving up towards the endstops, because of the slow speed. I guess you could make the motors quieter by reducing the motor current using the M906 command during this phase if you want to.

You can change the speed at which it drops the final 5mm by adding an F parameter on the G1 Z-5 command. I changed mine to F10000 but I am not sure whether I checked this change in to github yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login