Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.02 delta endstops confusion

Posted by Bking1340 
Marlin 1.02 delta endstops confusion
April 12, 2015 04:21AM
Good day all

Have finished building my kossel mini clone. Tested my ramps 1.4 with prusa I3 firmware. With M119, it shows min=open and max=trigerred for all 3 endstops - when I move my cariages up, M119 shows min=triggered and max=triggered. I know it`s the wrong firmware, but my endstop switches seems to work.

Now I load Marlin 1.02 with my modified delta config. Now M119 show only max=open for all 3 endstops which are correct, but when I trigger my endstops, M119 show max=open - so my endstops does not trigger. My endstops are located on the top of each arm and are connected on the outer 2 pins on the endstop switch.
Your help will be appreciated.

My endstop config in Marlin:

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
// Deltas never have min endstops
#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS
// Disable max endstops for compatibility with endstop checking routine
#if defined(COREXY) && !defined(DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS)
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
#endif
Re: Marlin 1.02 delta endstops confusion
April 12, 2015 05:30AM
Bking1340
Good day all

Have finished building my kossel mini clone. Tested my ramps 1.4 with prusa I3 firmware. With M119, it shows min=open and max=trigerred for all 3 endstops - when I move my cariages up, M119 shows min=triggered and max=triggered. I know it`s the wrong firmware, but my endstop switches seems to work.

Now I load Marlin 1.02 with my modified delta config. Now M119 show only max=open for all 3 endstops which are correct, but when I trigger my endstops, M119 show max=open - so my endstops does not trigger. My endstops are located on the top of each arm and are connected on the outer 2 pins on the endstop switch.
Your help will be appreciated.

My endstop config in Marlin:

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
// Deltas never have min endstops
#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS
// Disable max endstops for compatibility with endstop checking routine
#if defined(COREXY) && !defined(DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS)
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
#endif

Sounds like you have them connected to the MIN positions on the ramps they need to be on the MAX ones double check and try again?

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login