Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta printer purchase advise

Posted by pulse69 
Delta printer purchase advise
April 06, 2015 10:05PM
Hi,
I'm researching purchasing a delta printer over the next few weeks and I'm looking for advice.
I think I would like to buy a kit with all the components. One thing on the wish list is auto levelling and large build volume. Im thinking of a Rostock max from seemecnc but i don't think it has auto levelling.

Can anyone give me a recommendation to expand my search?

Cheers, Martin
Re: Delta printer purchase advise
April 07, 2015 03:20AM
I suggeat a Kossel XL or large Cherry Pi, with Duet electronics in either case.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 07, 2015 01:45PM
I think the Rostock Max is a pretty decent printer, shouldn't be to hard to add autoleveling of one form or another to it. Best place to check would be on their forums to ask what other users have done.

Not sure if SeeMeCNC uses 32-bit electronics or not.
April 09, 2015 09:22PM
Hmm, their forum doesnt have anyone that has done it yet.

I'll research Kossel XL and Cherry Pi. Is there anyone that sells them as a complete kit or is it piecemeal?

thanks,

Martin
April 13, 2015 01:17AM
SeeMeCNC supplies a RamBo, which is 8-bit, but it does seem to work well. The Max also has considerably greater build volume in stock form than either of the other options.

Consider shipping time in deciding on a model and supplier. In the event something you don't have a spare for breaks, having a machine down for weeks on end waiting for international shipping is not a swell time, especially if you have only one machine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login