Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin homing all axis is at the same time

Posted by dannydefel 
Marlin homing all axis is at the same time
February 21, 2015 12:11PM
I'm using marlin and remember someplace something about homing all axis is at the same time. My version Homes individually which can be catastrophic
Re: Marlin homing all axis is at the same time
February 21, 2015 04:14PM
Before I converted my Mini Kossel from RAMPS/Marlin to the far-superior 32-bit Duet electronics, it used to do the initial homing of all 3 towers all at the same time, then it would fine-home the axes one at a time. If you are only seeing the towers home individually, perhaps your printer is skipping the course homing step? If so, check your endstop configuration.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 21, 2015 04:25PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a setting in the Marlin config for Delta homing, which homes all three towers at the same time.....
February 21, 2015 09:03PM
Do you remember where it is, I looked but could not find it
February 22, 2015 02:40AM
Mine homes individually, why is that catastrophic?
February 22, 2015 07:55AM
On a big 3D Delta such as mine ( WWW.DELTABOTS.COM) if you are at Z0 and try to retract one car the machine will crash.
February 23, 2015 04:36PM
A okay, I misunderstood the issue. In my case, all the carriages close to within 20-40 mm of the endstops before individually homing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login