Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New release of RepRapFirmware with delta support for Duet electronics

Posted by dc42 
New release of RepRapFirmware with delta support for Duet electronics
January 29, 2015 07:08PM
I've release a new version (1.00c) of my fork of RepRapFirmware for the Duet here [github.com]. Changes in this release:

* Fixed a problem with step generation that caused one of my delta prints to lean sideways

* Added an experimental simulation mode. This simulates printing without actually doing it, to get an accurate estimate of the print time, taking account of accelerations, speed limits, lookahead etc. The simulation for my 3 hour test print takes less than one and a half minutes, so it can be run while the bed is heating up. Currently, I have provided a temporary interface using M37. Use M37 S1 to reset the simulation time and enter simulation mode. Use M37 S0 to exit simulation mode. M37 by itself gives the number of seconds that the last simulation ran for. I will probably replace this by a simpler interface which takes the name of a file on the SD card that you want to simulate.

* Added the facility to specify the X and Y offsets of the Z probe from the nozzle via the G31 command, for more accurate bed compensation.

The compatible web interface is still version 1.04 available here [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New release of RepRapFirmware with delta support for Duet electronics
January 30, 2015 05:13AM
dc42
I've release a new version (1.00c) of my fork of RepRapFirmware for the Duet here [github.com]. Changes in this release:

* Fixed a problem with step generation that caused one of my delta prints to lean sideways

* Added an experimental simulation mode. This simulates printing without actually doing it, to get an accurate estimate of the print time, taking account of accelerations, speed limits, lookahead etc. The simulation for my 3 hour test print takes less than one and a half minutes, so it can be run while the bed is heating up. Currently, I have provided a temporary interface using M37. Use M37 S1 to reset the simulation time and enter simulation mode. Use M37 S0 to exit simulation mode. M37 by itself gives the number of seconds that the last simulation ran for. I will probably replace this by a simpler interface which takes the name of a file on the SD card that you want to simulate.

* Added the facility to specify the X and Y offsets of the Z probe from the nozzle via the G31 command, for more accurate bed compensation.

The compatible web interface is still version 1.04 available here [github.com].

Dave

not sure if you have made the mod for the PanelDue to detect delta yet if you have then mine is still showing the individual homing buttons?

Doug
January 30, 2015 06:20AM
Sorry Doug, I didn't make that change. I'll do it now so that it will definitely be in the next release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 30, 2015 06:28AM
dc42
Sorry Doug, I didn't make that change. I'll do it now so that it will definitely be in the next release.

Not a problem Dave just wanted to make sure a that it wasn't a bug or b that I had done something stupid.

As an aside could you add some mounting holes/pillars on the side of the paneldue enclosure so that some swivvle mounts could be made to attach to the delta rails
(I can do the mounts just know nothing about Scad files and don't know enough in freecad to be able to import and manipulate your design).

Do like what you have done with it though very impressive.

Doug
January 30, 2015 06:33PM
Delta printer notificaton for the PanelDue is now implemented in Duet firmware 1.00d:

I'll release this when I have tested a few other changes I made in 1.00d. If you are wondering how come the display is upside down, the forthcoming 1.02 release of PanelDue firmware includes an option to invert the display orientation.

January 31, 2015 02:58PM
I've just released version 1.00e of my fork of RepRapFirmware. This version supports the microswitch Z probe on the Mini Kossel, as well as the IR probes that it already supported. The coordinates used to deploy and retract the probe are defined in file /sys/bed.g on the SD card. The probe itself must be connected to the E0 endstop connections.

Currently, only the standard 3, 4 or 5 point bed probing supported by RepRapFirmware is available. This should not be a problem if you have calibrated your delta radius and endstop adjustments, as the main use of the Z probe is then to get an accurate height before printing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login