Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help! Rostock problem

Posted by Planma 
Please Help! Rostock problem
January 27, 2015 02:59PM
Hello
I am quite new in 3D printing, but I decided to build my first 3D printer. I chose delta printer and for the model Rostock mini, because I thought, that it was easier to build. For the printer hardware, I chose RAMPS 1.4 with pololu A4988 stepper drivers. Also using nema 17 17hs8401 stepper motors.
At first all went well, but when I wanted to print something, then the problems came up (as dry run). As it turned out, the printer can't hold correct height and the print head shakes. When I move my print head manually,you can see, that the head is not always at the same height. I will but video below to show what it does. I think that the problem is mechanical (Like broken stepper driver or something), because I have used different software and hardware, (Repetier (my current choice) and Marlin and for the software Repetier-Host and Pronterface) but nothing changed. I will include picture of my eeprom from Repetier-Host and also arduino program, so maybe I am wrong and put some wrong numbers somewhere or something like that.
I hope that someone can help me, or confirm that I am right.
Thank you for your answer

[www.youtube.com]

Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (23.2 KB)
Re: Please Help! Rostock problem
January 27, 2015 03:22PM
You have to calibrate your settings, specifically the delta radius (?). Try looking at [minow.blogspot.com].

Mechanically the Rostock is easier to build, but I think it is harder to calibrate afterward than more traditional cartisian printers.
Re: Please Help! Rostock problem
January 27, 2015 03:29PM
Here is a calibration guide I put together:

[delta-calibration.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com]

Go through this, or the one in Minow's blog linked to above, and see how it goes. Also, am I correct in thinking your effector isn't staying entirely parallel to the platform? If that's the case, look for binding somewhere in the system (if you're using bushings, this can be an issue, I switched to using LM8UU bearings over bushings). Each diagonal rod also needs to be exactly the same length, otherwise your effector will twist and not stay true, and your prints will be distorted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login