Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock mini playing beethoven music

Posted by DinoK 
Rostock mini playing beethoven music
January 26, 2015 07:04AM
A week ago I was watching a Youtube video about CNC machine playing music and tried to make my printer do the same but the result wasn't music at all smiling smiley
I gave up when it hit me...deltas behave differently than cartesian machines, what if I use only Z axis ?

So I present to you a Rostock Mini Pro playing the song "Für Elise" by Ludwig van Beethoven:

http://youtu.be/XCQJgXlSfpk

I wrote step by step instructions here : http://www.deltarap.org/rostock-can-play-beethoven-music/

All about delta 3d printers in one place [www.deltarap.org]
Re: Rostock mini playing beethoven music
January 26, 2015 07:21AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I see that the Midi to Gcode converter supports polyphonic sound generation if you give it more than one axis to work with. So by using all 3 motors, you could get 3 tones. In the delta support I added to the Duet firmware, you can command the motors directly by adding the S2 parameter to a G1 command - I implemented this because it is useful for homing. So If I write an editor script to add S2 to all the G1 commands in the output from the converter, I should be able to get 3-tone polyphonic sound from my Mini Kossel. If I add my Ormerod into the mix, I could do 6 tones!

I guess you could also use the extruder drive to generate another tone, if you remove the filament first.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Rostock mini playing beethoven music
January 26, 2015 10:06AM
I wasn't even aware that any delta firmware could command motors directly.
So using your firmware the deltas can play polyphonic sound, too bad I have only Mega2650, I soo want to try that.

And I like your idea about using extruder motor for the second channel.
Here is another one - what if 10 people get together and make 10 deltas play a symphony eye rolling smiley

All about delta 3d printers in one place [www.deltarap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login