Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware? Using Marlin. What are you using?

Posted by jaguarking11 
Firmware? Using Marlin. What are you using?
January 15, 2015 02:10PM
I have been using Marlin on my delta for a while. This version -> [github.com]

What are you guys using?

My hardware?
ramps 1.4 & discount LCD/sd .....

input?

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Re: Firmware? Using Marlin. What are you using?
January 15, 2015 04:44PM
I use smoothie and a smoothie board. Marlin is far too noisy. On avr I prefer repetier.
January 16, 2015 01:33AM
I will be building my delta with a smoothie, do not like repeater and marlin is not as good (for me). Plus I fell in love with smoothie board 5xc!

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
January 16, 2015 04:21AM
My Mini Kossel now uses a Duet board. I am just finishing the delta movement algorithms in the RepRapFirmware that runs on the Duet. The web interface supported by this firmware is far superior to any other 3D printer control interface I have seen.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 16, 2015 09:29AM
Anther smoothieboard user here, I'm running a 5Xc on a Kossel mini.
I've been using the current smoorthie edge build and also having a go with 626Pilot's smoothieware fork that uses simulated annealing for calibration, see this thread: [forum.seemecnc.com] ... it's still experimental but has some handy features for Zprobe repeatability testing and definately improved my rig while I was testing it. I'm going to try it again soon once I've improved my bed mounting.

Cheers,
Robin.
January 16, 2015 05:42PM
Recommend that you use the [[AZSMZ Mini]]

New 32 bit ARM based Motion controller for 3D printers, CNC Machines and Laser cutters. Like Azteeg x5 mini or smoothieboard(no network).
AZSMZ Mini [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com]
AZSMZ 12864 LCD [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
SMART RAMPS [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
[www.facebook.com]
January 16, 2015 06:40PM
Running a Azteeg X5 Mini with Smoothieware on a Kossel Mini and really like it so far. Haven't tried using Z-Probe yet but compared to Repetier and Marlin my prints are night and day. The Azteeg X5 Mini can also handle a heated bed without relay(although I plan to switch to one anyways) and updating the firmware & parameter values is as easy as opening a text file on my PC, changing a few INI style settings and hitting save/reboot. You can also store settings with M500 in your host controller console.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 09:39PM by ChrisT88.
January 16, 2015 06:46PM
I'm building my delta on DUET and DC42's firmware, as you can clearly see DC42 is the leading electronic and firmware designer who is commited to the problem of delta.
I asume he is going to imlement the best delta firmware available - he takes it as a chalenge.
I asume:
-complete geometric implementantion with every possible firmware correction of wrongly builded mashines,
-complete math calculation - no aproximation and jumping,
-in the future i see implementation for 6axis steward on DUET.

DC42, thank you for your work and commitment.
January 16, 2015 08:07PM
Smoothie and Azteeg X5 Mini for me. Had a Megatronics 2.0 with Repetier, which are OK but make me appreciate Smoothieware/Azteeg even more.....
January 23, 2015 12:11PM
I am going to give repetier firmware a shot. I like marlin, but I will give repetier a shot. I am also building in an auto leveling probe into my end effector. The hall/magnet type. I have the new end effector nearly complete.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
January 27, 2015 04:08PM
I am trying to get my Rostock Mini working again using Repetier v91.

Since I last played with it I picked up an Graphic LCD and FSR leveling kit. However, the graphics look better with Marlin based on the images I have seen and I am not sure how to improve the sensativity of the knob or reverse its direction. Plus the bed leveling only seems to use 3 points in Repetier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login