Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

kossel autolevel data is not being used?

Posted by shadowphile 
kossel autolevel data is not being used?
January 06, 2015 12:00AM
Hi All.
I have a Kossel Mini, RAMPS1.4, RichCattel Marlin firmware, and Pronterface.
I've finished with a z-probe upgrade using 3 FSRs. They feed an auto-detection PCB I bought from tridprinting that sends to the Arduino. It seems quite sensitive when I push on the bed, so that appears ok.
I manually move and examine the bed offset at various locations. The bed is flat/level to within .5mm. I run G29, watch it probe around, then when I go back and compare to the original offsets I don't see any difference.,The report values look something like what I would expect the data to be, it's just not being used when I jog around with Pronterface.
I'm stuck :/

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 12:01AM by shadowphile.
Re: kossel autolevel data is not being used?
January 06, 2015 01:16PM
I seem to be havening the same problem. I just finished my Mini Kossel and added 3 FSR''s that are connected to the Zmin endstop. It goes through all the motions of probing but when it starts to print, the slight unevenness of the bed shows up just as if I did not use autolevel.
January 06, 2015 02:09PM
I recently built a Mini Kossel (the version with the mechanical Z probe). Even after running G29, the Z height varied substantially across the bed. I didn't investigate it, but I speculated that there must be a configuration or software problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2015 03:33PM
I'm glad I"m not alone, cause it means something real and not something bonehead on my part smiling smiley
January 16, 2015 12:58PM
I think I have solved my problem. Apparently, the FSR’s are more sensitive than you would think and they have a slightly raised ring around the sensor. Plain glass will not fire the sensor with the little force we need so I was compensating with random pieces of masking tape on each on. The smaller the piece of tape, the more sensitive the resistor. I was trying to cut the pieces even but it is hard to do by hand.
The wiki suggest using Scotch peal and stick ½” quickie dots. I did not want to get out and go looking for them, and then I remembered. I have a craft vinyl cutter. So I found some removable vinyl, cut out 6, ½” quickie dots, put 2 one on each FSR and now it seems to working just fine. I think it was taking more pressure in some spots to fire the resistors because of the random sizes of tape.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login