Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock mini pro electronics issue

Posted by Printernoob 
Rostock mini pro electronics issue
December 17, 2014 12:56AM
I have been building the rostock mini pro by 3d printer czar and everything was going smooth until I uploaded software and tried to home.
It is supposed to move up and hit the end stop but instead the x carriage hits the end stop and begins to vibrate, the y sometimes vibrates but doesn't move and the z does nothing.
Once it stops vibrating a high pitched squeal starts that does not end until I kill the motors.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thank you!
Re: Rostock mini pro electronics issue
December 17, 2014 03:44AM
Sounds like either your endstops are not wired correctly, or the endstops are not correctly configured in the firmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 17, 2014 04:20PM
Try sending an M119 (?) command to the printer after turning it on. It should tell you what your end stops are currently reading, which you can compare to your firmware settings.

Double check that your end stops are plugged into the correct ports.

Personally, when a similar thing happened to me, it was due to crappy wiring on my part. I sucked at terminating my wires and ended up redoing them all with a pair of rachetting crimpers.
December 18, 2014 01:56AM
This is how the endstops should be wired on Rostock mini pro by 3d printer czar :

more pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/deltarap/sets/72157645420687543

All about delta 3d printers in one place [www.deltarap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login