Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Delta Mini Pro: Hotend moves

Posted by Replace 
Rostock Delta Mini Pro: Hotend moves
November 01, 2014 07:45AM
I have built the Czar Rostock Delta Mini Pro and although it is not even running, already the J-Head sits loose in the action plate
I can see that the clamp plate has deformed due to the heat buildup. So now, force on the bowden cable will swivel the hot end a bit during travel and I can turn it around without friction.

i think parts should have been supplied in ABS or stronger.

Anyone that has experienced this too and that has modified the plate ?

Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2014 07:46AM by Replace.

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Rostock Delta Mini Pro: Hotend moves
November 01, 2014 11:51AM
Happened to me as well when the J-head clogged.
I just flipped the clamp upside down. Then calibrated the extruder, the step/mm values were about 50% off in the firmware from 3DPrinterczar.
See also if the thermistor sits in the heater block. Mine got loose and overheating caused the clamp to deform.
After all that I used about 1/2 kg of PLA with no problem.
November 02, 2014 01:15PM
Ahh.. flipping might be an option :-)

I'll try that.
Thanks

Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 01:16PM by Replace.

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
November 03, 2014 11:36AM
If the carriage is made of pla. You will experience warping period. A carriage made of pla needs active cooling to even come close to surviving. I ended up reinforcing my carriage with aluminum plate to keep it straight, then I printed an ABS version and still used aluminum plate to reinforce it. My jhead was running between 210c - 230c. The heat creep warped the pla part in less than an hour. I do not actively cool my j-head. Check out my blog if you want to see how its been reinforced.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
November 05, 2014 02:29AM
I saw some aluminium reinforcements on other users.
Maybe I should step into that.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login