Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta = amazing circles!

Posted by ChrisT88 
Delta = amazing circles!
October 27, 2014 02:27AM
Been having some issues while tuning my Kossel with 20mm x 20mm calibration squares but found that there are some excellent qualities like round objects and flat surfaces that excel compared to my other Cartesian printers. Here are some examples(still tuning the retract to reduce the seam):

It's difficult to photograph something that isn't there, such as no z banding!

Printed with 1.75 ABS @200C, genuine .35 J head, .2 layer height and heated glass bed at 85C. Now that I have it assembled thiough I do see a few mechanic issues. Since I'm running carriage wheels vs linear rails the 1515 Openbeam extrusion's are a bit flimsy and I plan to switch to magnetic linkages and ditch the sloppy traxxas ball links but for now I added rubber bands on them to reduce the play. Also found that running a full graphic smart controller added issues to some of my prints so I will likely be switching to 32 bit(any opinions welcome).
Re: Delta = amazing circles!
October 27, 2014 07:24PM
Try to print something with vase mode in Slic3r, You'll be amazed!
October 28, 2014 06:59AM
TimoM
Try to print something with vase mode in Slic3r, You'll be amazed!

Printed a square tonight in vase mode and while the layers look great the corners are kinda rounded still. It was much worse with my LCD connected and enabled in Marlin so I'm hoping the Azteeg X5 mini I ordered today will fix the issue.

Hopefully I made the right decision. I was really torn between a arduino due with radds running Repetier and the X5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2014 07:00AM by ChrisT88.
November 05, 2014 04:13PM
That looks fantastic.

I want to experience the Kossel Mini's 0.03 mm printing accuracy also!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login