Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finally got it running!

Posted by ChrisT88 
Finally got it running!
October 25, 2014 07:42PM
Finally to the point where I'm able to print on my Kossel Mini so I decided to enable auto level. I'm used to my cartesian style printers that utilize M212 for adjusting the Z height for layer adhesion but can't find any information about it on the Delta printers. I tried using M666 and while that works for non auto level setups it seems to have no affect once the bed leveling is enabled.

It seems odd this isn't something more common since I have found layer adhesion can change drastically when switching from PLA, ABS, brands and even colors.

Will post some pictures later tonight once I finish dialing it in and clean wiring up(it's a mess).
Re: Finally got it running!
October 25, 2014 08:16PM
Just realized it's #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER that controls the z height. Is there a g code command to adjust this or is the only way by editing and re-uploading the fimware?
October 26, 2014 06:55AM
ChrisT88
Just realized it's #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER that controls the z height. Is there a g code command to adjust this or is the only way by editing and re-uploading the fimware?

Hi Chris

It depends on which version of Marlin. If you use Rich Cattell's version then M666 Pnn.n will do it for you.

Andy
October 26, 2014 04:45PM
AndyCart
ChrisT88

Hi Chris

It depends on which version of Marlin. If you use Rich Cattell's version then M666 Pnn.n will do it for you.

Andy

Thanks Andy, exactly the information I was looking for. Seems to be difficult to round up some of this information but I'm getting there. I noticed Rich's code hasn't been updated in 8-9 months and hasn't been taken into the main branch but even still it looks ideal for Delta's unless Repetier or a variation of it is a better option?

For now I'm going to try out Rich's code. Eventually I would like to familiarize myself with the code enough to help consolidate the updates and features as Rich's terminal commands are a must for practical use IMO.

Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login