Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier firmware tuning

Posted by ChrisT88 
Repetier firmware tuning
October 18, 2014 07:36PM
So I am in the process of tuning my newly built Kossel Mini. I printed the recirculating bearings until my carriage wheels get here from deltaprintr.com so my carriage offset was a little off from the norm but otherwise geometrically everything else should be the same. Here are my Repetier firmware settings for drive system type 3:

#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD 214 // mm

I'm not so sure about the 9 settings below so I left them stock. They seem to be newer options which I can't find a clear explanation for:

#define DELTA_ALPHA_A 210
#define DELTA_ALPHA_B 330
#define DELTA_ALPHA_C 90

#define DELTA_RADIUS_CORRECTION_A 0
#define DELTA_RADIUS_CORRECTION_B 0
#define DELTA_RADIUS_CORRECTION_C 0

#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_CORRECTION_A 0
#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_CORRECTION_B 0
#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_CORRECTION_C 0

I believe this is max build size? I assumed it's either 170 or 85.

#define DELTA_MAX_RADIUS 170

My effector measured out at around 36-37mm but I have seen people use 23 for this. I've tried both with no luck.

#define END_EFFECTOR_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET 36

This measurement was taken directly from my setup so I'm sure it's correct.

#define CARRIAGE_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET 19

I followed some directions online for the ceberus that brought me to the number 151 for this one. I have seen others say it's used to tune the issue I'm having trouble with but so far I can't seem to get it to change. I've tried going from 50 to 300 but I'm still getting a dish shape where the hot end moves lower as it gets closer to center and very high as it gets near the outside of the print area.

#define PRINTER_RADIUS 151

Edit: Turned eeprom off but still not able to get printer radius dialed in. Doesn't seem to work like others claimed?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 08:22PM by ChrisT88.
Re: Repetier firmware tuning
October 18, 2014 08:02PM
I'm also having an issue with my LCD screen. I believe I have a reprap discount style LCD: [www.amazon.com]

My issue is when I choose option #2 in the code I get a uimenu.h error when trying to compile. I'm using the latest 0.91 Repetier firmware downloaded from github yesterday.
Re: Repetier firmware tuning
October 31, 2014 02:42PM
Chris,
Did you get it running?
I had a similar error related to "prog_char" not being defined.

If that is your error, then add the following at the top of ui.cpp: #define prog_char char

For some of the settings:

#define DELTA_ALPHA_A 210
#define DELTA_ALPHA_B 330
#define DELTA_ALPHA_C 90
These are the angle in degrees to each tower.

For my printer (Raptosaur) its like this:
Tower A is the tower on the left.
Tower B is the tower on the right.
Tower C is the tower at the back.

Don't worry about those corrections.

Note that the repetier website has a diagram (when you are configuring the firmware there) that should help explain the settings, and so does this video.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 02:48PM by Paul Wanamaker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login