Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best way to route the bowden tube?

Posted by Replace 
Best way to route the bowden tube?
September 16, 2014 10:12AM
My Rostock Delta Mini Pro instructions expect me to lay the geared extruder motor under the machine and have the bowden tube make a large circle loop.
however, it looks that the stiffness of the bowden tube will move the hot-end plate out of the horizontal pane, while travelling. Not sure if it will affect printing. I am not that far yet.

Also, putting the motor on top, will give tension at the tube's routing.

What is the best way to set this up ? How keep the tube as vertical as possible above the hotend during travel ?
Pictures ?

thnks Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Best way to route the bowden tube?
September 16, 2014 04:35PM
Here's how we do it on the Griffin Pro Mini, best method I have found yet for small deltas. Mount the extruder on top, then go out and around the vertical rail.
Oh, and I recommend you store the printer with the effector down, not at the top, this way the bowden stays stretched and not coiled up and flopping around.

September 17, 2014 03:30AM
Ok, makes sense.

My pre mounted bowden is pretty long, when I mount on top, I get a giant loop hanging around beside the construction, thus stressing the hot-end plate.
Shortening it seems necessary, but will also improve flow I guess ?

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
September 17, 2014 04:43AM
Some think having only one bend is best, but that's not always easy, and in my opinion, a shorter bowden is better if your extruder has enough power.
September 22, 2014 04:16PM
I prefer the S bend. Putting the extruder at the bottom with a soft bend and a good clamping. Then the final bend at the head. It seems to make sense to me instead of the top of the printer.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login