Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to invert x and y, but not z

Posted by Replace 
How to invert x and y, but not z
September 15, 2014 02:33PM
After finishing my Rostock Delta Mini Pro, I notice that the X and Y movements are inverted as to the grid arrows in the Repetier Host control panel.

I tried to set invert_x_dir and invert_y_dir to "true" but than homing will scatter to the endstops continuously for some time
Only inverting one of those will speed a tower completely down, emergency stop needed.

So, how should it be done ?

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: How to invert x and y, but not z
September 15, 2014 05:41PM
Inverting the steppers won't solve the problem, as you have already found out. It just changes up to down or vice versa on the towers. I suspect you have X Y & Z on the wrong motors. Looking from the front X is the left tower, Y is the right tower and Z is the rear tower. Make sure you also changes your limit switch connections accordingly to
September 17, 2014 02:37AM
Here are my settings and wiring for Rostock Mini Pro:

This guide from Blomker helped me understand the delta geometry :

All about delta 3d printers in one place [www.deltarap.org]
September 17, 2014 03:22AM
Great info,
thanks for the details.

I still can't get the extruder motor running, despite min temp=0 and cold extrude is on in Repetier Host.
I will check my x/y/z moveements against the towers.

I noticed the image of the finalized Rostock Mini on your site.
What is your opinion on the stress of the bowden tube on the head section while moving ? It seems the head might move in unwanted directions (minimal) while doing so.
Did you try other places for the extruder motor ?

Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 03:25AM by Replace.

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
September 17, 2014 04:14AM
If your wiring is correct that leaves only firmware and stepper drivers as possible sources of error.
Get my Repetier firmware file here and compare settings with yours.

Replace
I noticed the image of the finalized Rostock Mini on your site.
What is your opinion on the stress of the bowden tube on the head section while moving ? It seems the head might move in unwanted directions (minimal) while doing so.
Did you try other places for the extruder motor ?

I don't know which picture are you reffering to but not long ago I mounted the extruder motor on top, see why here.

September 17, 2014 07:53AM
I was referring to this image on your website:

It has the extruder below.
But than again... maybe it's not your build ?

Did you shorten the bowden after mounting all on top ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 07:57AM by Replace.

September 17, 2014 10:20AM
And forgot: How did you mount the extruder motor to the top acryllic ? Close up piucture please ?
I think I wil copy your setting

thnks

September 17, 2014 02:23PM
Oh , that is the picture of Rostock Mini Pro from Thingiverse . Those pictures are really missleading as they hide things like extruder under printer bed just to look good but in reality that printer doesn't have Mega,Ramps,power,filament and extruder motor connected and working - it's just for show.
This is how it really looks like when it is assembled:

Regarding the extruder mount, I already gave you the link to STL file in the previous answer,

.... not long ago I mounted the extruder motor on top, see why here.

To mount the extruder clamp, I had to drill two holes in the frame :

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login