Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

azteeg x5 smoothie Very odd endstop issue

Posted by M1T0s1s 
azteeg x5 smoothie Very odd endstop issue
September 01, 2014 01:34PM
O.K. heres the deal I have an azteeg x5 on a custom built delta and I am using repetier with the card unmounted, the endstops are not registering correctly. The X endstop works fine, but the Y and Z appear to work as one. ie... when Y alone is depressed both Y and Z trigger, when Z alone is depressed both Y and Z are triggered. I have tried every config I can think of, NO NC ie.. 1.24, 1.24^, 1.24^!, I have the latest firmware and config file. Here is my config file. config.txt
Thank you for your help in advance.
Re: azteeg x5 smoothie Very odd endstop issue
September 01, 2014 07:53PM
With the card unmounted?

If you mean the SD card, it needs the SD card in order to run. Arduino has memory to store settings, the Azteeg X5 uses the SDcard to store settings.

On your endstops, make sure you have Y connected to Y and Z connected to Z. It sounds trivial, but it;s very easy to mix them up and cause some very strange behavior.

You may want to start fresh with the latest config and firmware while you are at it. It should almost fire right up.
September 02, 2014 01:32AM
yeah I triple checked the wiring, they are correct. I have tried getting the latest firmware and config.txt but still the same issue. What I meant by "card unmounted" I mean from my computer. When I connect to the printer the card also mounts into my file system, so I read that you want to unmount it before you run the printer.
September 02, 2014 07:02AM
Can you remove all endstop wires from the board, swap the working X wire plug to the Y and Z endstop inputs, and verify with an M119 that each input is working? This will point you to whether it is a firmware/board problem or a switch wiring error with Y and Z.

FWIW, someone on the Google Deltabot forum discovered a physical hardware problem (bad trace?) with his Azteeg X5 Mini, which is why I'm curious about the above test.....
September 02, 2014 02:27PM
Thanks! I followed the traces under a magnifying glass and found a solder bridge on one of the surface mount chips for the endstops. I tried to break the bridge with a needle under my microscope but it still does not work. So i disabled the z-probe and used that as one of the endstops and it is working now. I will contact panucatt and see what to do, but for now I can start screwing around!!
September 02, 2014 08:05PM
We're all patiently waiting for first print pictures.....
September 03, 2014 02:49AM
me too!! now I need to get some glass for the bed and a hotend. looks like everything is running real nice though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login