Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Federate issue Rostock Mini with Marlin

Posted by piff 
Federate issue Rostock Mini with Marlin
August 13, 2014 01:13PM
Hello,

I just finished to build my Rostock mini and everything seems to work fine exept the federate speed that seems much faster
then what setup in Cura or Slic3r.
Even if I set something like 10mm/s as print speed in Cura the printer is incredibly fast and the extruder sometimes
is not able to feed at that rate so I have to manually slow it down with the LCD.
Any idea of what could be the issue ?

Thanks
Piff
Re: Federate issue Rostock Mini with Marlin
August 14, 2014 09:37AM
Have you tried changing the federate in the firmware and seeing if that changes anything?
August 14, 2014 10:14AM
Not sure about what change you are referring. In general all speeds are accellerated so I do not know what to change.
It looks like it is a bug of current Marlin version cause other forks seems to work fine.

I rather prefer to use the official one but apparently it is not working.
August 14, 2014 10:42AM
Look inside your firmware configuration.h file. Go down to "default settings". You will then see #default_axis-steps_per_unit and below that #define default_max_feedrate.

Change the feedrate and see if it changes the issue.
August 14, 2014 10:49AM
Max feedrate is 300 but the printer is much faster then that
and the axis steps per units are correct cause the size of the object is correct.
For some reason is just too fast.
August 14, 2014 11:42AM
Okay. I was not suggesting that you mess with the steps just using it as a referenced point to find the feedrate.

Which marlin fork are you using?
August 14, 2014 12:06PM
Rich Cattle [github.com]
That seems to work fine and I could stay with that firmware but seems so strange to me that original does not work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login