Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Megatronics V2.0+Sainsmart 12864 LCD&repetier FW ,LCD does not display text

Posted by ruigrx 
August 01, 2014 02:03AM
i have Megatronics V2.0+Sainsmart 12864 LCD&repetier FW ,LCD does not display text,WHY?

Re: Megatronics V2.0+Sainsmart 12864 LCD&repetier FW ,LCD does not display text
August 01, 2014 06:52AM
Repetier's web configuration tool does not have the proper definitions for the GLCD due to #ifdef issues. I had to borrow a whole block of code for the LCD-2004 (which does work) to make the LCD-12864 work. I have reported the problem to Repetier, but they don't seem interested in fixing it.

Attached is my Repetier 0.91 rev 5 or 6 (not 7). It is set up for a Delta printer and will auto-home when started, so disconnect your stepper motors before booting it up if you load it as-is into your own Megatronics 2.0 board. It should work with rev7, but I just have not upgraded to test it yet.

It has been a few months since I set this up, but I think that all of my changes for the LCD-12864 were in ui.h . You will also need to get the u8glib and install it into your Arduino libraries following online directions if you have not done so already. I marked comments with "AE3 was here" for most changes, so you can follow what was changed. I also made a few tweaks to the other UI files, but those were for cosmetic purposes. (I wanted the printer name and company name to be above the Repetier version string on the bootup LCD splash screen, and I may have set the boot screen to stay on for 10 seconds instead of 2 seconds in a moment of vanity.)

Hope this helps to get your board and LCD up and running.....
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier-091-6.zip (306.7 KB)
August 01, 2014 08:01AM
Hi Arthur

Check out my Cherry Pi thread. I finally cracked the springs and strings delta rods!

Andy
August 01, 2014 07:59PM
Yes, I saw the video the other day. Great job! As you know, I could not get that setup to work using delrin spheres glued to the effector/carriages with my cupped magnetic rods held in tension. I suspected that using the deeper sockets of the effector (versus the shallow machined SHCS heads) would help to keep the rods in place while getting everything into tension, and am glad to see that you have it working.

After my spherical magnet came unglued and nearly caused a minor catastrophe the other day, I think that my next project will either be getting a tri-axis accelerometer onto the effector plate as a Z-min probe and safety monitor, or else borrowing a page from Formula 1 and adding suspension tethers in case of another rod separation. Maybe a piece of long shock cord between the effector and top frame to hang the effector in mid-air if the rods let go?????
August 02, 2014 01:52AM
Keep us posted with the accelerometer project. I saw your post on GG about it. Seems to offer all sorts of benefits. The impact sensing for Z probing looks very promising.
August 10, 2014 06:37AM
HI, I CAN'T USE YOU FIRMWARE ,PLEASE HELP ME ,THIS IS MY kossel FIRMWARE ,help THK
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier-Firmware.rar (280.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login