Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calculating rods length and radius for X Y and Z towers

Posted by donnib 
Calculating rods length and radius for X Y and Z towers
July 28, 2014 05:41AM
Hi,
Where can i find information about where to place X, Y and Z towers like the radius and the length of the rods ?

donnib
Re: Calculating rods length and radius for X Y and Z towers
July 28, 2014 11:15AM
This is what I used for my printer. You don't have to be 100% acurate on the rod lengths, however you do have to be very accurate to match the rods to each other as close as possible. I have roughly .1-.2mm difference in mine, its as close as I could get. I am also using solid alu drilled and tapped. I recommend CF tubes instead. Not as expensive as you think. If you need some pointers, my printer is a one of, and it is printing properly as of last night. Check out my blog in my sign it may help you on your adventures.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
July 31, 2014 07:55AM
Check this out.
[www.thinkyhead.com]
July 31, 2014 01:08PM
jaguarking11
This is what I used for my printer. You don't have to be 100% acurate on the rod lengths, however you do have to be very accurate to match the rods to each other as close as possible. I have roughly .1-.2mm difference in mine, its as close as I could get. I am also using solid alu drilled and tapped. I recommend CF tubes instead. Not as expensive as you think. If you need some pointers, my printer is a one of, and it is printing properly as of last night. Check out my blog in my sign it may help you on your adventures.

I forgot to put the link. Sorry, thinkyhead is what I was going to post as well. Awesome calculator.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
July 31, 2014 01:35PM
A really good rule of thumb is to make the rods 80% of the distance between the tower centres. It's always worked for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login