Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Marlin

Posted by canaylan 
Problem with Marlin
July 18, 2014 08:42PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new in the world of the 3D printing , i've decided to build a Kossel mini.
I sourced most of the parts from builda3Dprinter.eu and downloaded my first firmware from there.
But now i want to use RichCattell's version to have the auto bed leveling but i have a problem.

When i change some variables in the configuration.h file it doesn't work !
when i change the #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT or the #define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS
nothing changes after uploading to my printer.
I know that the uploading is successful because changing some variable like the bed thermistor works
But when i change it into my old Marlin version it is effective so i would like to know why it doesn't change ?

Thank you very much

Canaylan
Re: Problem with Marlin
July 19, 2014 01:42AM
Hi Canaylan

It's probably because you have the EEPROM enabled. You can change DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT and MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS without uploading Marlin using gcode commands.

M92 Xnn.n Ynn.n Znn.n Enn.n for the steps per mm and M666 Hnnn.nn for the Z height (in the Rich Cattell version) then send M500 to save to EEPROM. If you send M666 L the machine will list all the available M666 options and the current values. M501 will list all EEPROM current values. If you want to revert to the latest Marlin upload values then M502 will put those into the machine and M500 will put them into EEPROM overwriting the current EEPROM values.

Regards

Andy
July 19, 2014 05:02AM
It is working !

Thank you very much smiling smiley
It is working.

Do yo know where i can find a list with all the Gcode for this firmware ?

Best regards

Canaylan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2014 05:31AM by canaylan.
July 19, 2014 06:45PM
[groups.google.com]

Be prepared for a long read smileys with beer
July 19, 2014 07:00PM
Thank you a lot ! smiling smiley
July 19, 2014 08:42PM
Hi again,
Sorry , i searched on internet and everything but i didn't find an answer ,

Now everything is ok with my firmware but when i use the G30 A command i have a motor (i guess that it is only one ) that skip steps during the calibration.
I can hear a click noise ant it is every time at the same place on the bed. I checked the tension of the belts and tried to modify the current on the stepper drivers but it still does the same a the same emplacement.
I even changed the stepper driver and nothing changes.
Do you know what i can do ?
Because with that the calibration goes wrong :s

thank you,

Canaylan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login