Posted by t_man 
error/difference between x and y axis in delta 3d printer
July 09, 2014 03:59PM
Hello friends

I have a problem on my delta 3d printer

Between x and y axis when im printing for example a cube 10 mm or 20 mm

One corner can be 19.8 mm and the other corner can be

19.3 mm...

So every shap i print is not symmetrical.

In about 50 micron difference

I try to play with the diagonal radius but it change both x and y dimensions and not only one of them.

So what can i do to solve this problem ?

Thank you all...
Re: error/difference between x and y axis in delta 3d printer
July 10, 2014 07:12AM
your frame is misaligned or twisted.. check all the diagonal measurements and get them eqaul..
July 11, 2014 06:18AM
Thanks you ! smiling smiley

"your frame is misaligned or twisted.. check all the diagonal measurements and get them eqaul.."

how much accuracy needed? in micrones?
July 11, 2014 06:26AM
0.1 -0.2mm error is acceptable but try to get it equal.. or live with x-y error... try printing a large cube 100 x 100 and see the error if it is percentile or absolute
July 11, 2014 01:14PM
It is a delta. X/Y/Z errors are all tied together. It is enough to perfectly level the bed the old way and also your X/Y dimensions will be correct (or at worst all scaled by the same constant). And you can level the bed without printing anything. But notice you cannot use Johann's matrix based auto-levelling. You must level purely by adjusting endstops, diagonal rod length, and delta radius (or tower positions if you do not have the towers symmetrically placed).

Errors in calibration parameters lead to errors of about the same magnitude in the printed parts. So roughly: if you want about 0.1 mm precision in the printed parts then the calibration parameters must have about 0.1 mm precision too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login