Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another noob with another rostock endstop issue 2 issues (pardon)

Another noob with another rostock endstop issue 2 issues (pardon)
May 21, 2014 10:24AM
OK boys. I have been lurking through this forum for most of my build. I have plenty of mistakes that I learned from but....The frigging "home" end stop issues are making are making me confused.

This is a regular rostock design using Marlin and Ramps 1.4 with mechanical endstops.

#1) Pronterface recognizes when the endstops are triggered but wont stop the motors. The carriages just crank up, crash and grind then back down off the switch. Then when I run a part in Pronterface is it way off center, hit home again and one of the carriages is off by about 4".

#2) What line in the modified Marlin is where I can set the Z_home_POS? I see it referenced by Johann in the wiki but not seen in code?

Below is link to my video on Youtube

[www.youtube.com]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 10:26AM by frankenfrankenstuff.
Also. ..am I allowed to post links to websites? Or my build blog?
Just read through the rules and formatting of forum....oops.

I will post a video of the crash tonight.
;still not solved. I tried slowing down the rate to50%.... but now it just grinds llonger. End stops register but don't stop motors?
Re: Another noob with another rostock endstop issue 2 issues (pardon)
May 23, 2014 02:13PM
When my motors were grinding, I think the issue was the connections on the motors. I did a terible job of crimping. After redoing all of the ends, they started working fine consistantly.

Another idea is to reset Ramps after connecting to the printer.

EDIT: Are you sure you have the endstops plugged into the right pins?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2014 02:14PM by Kurzaa.
I am using terminal blocks to connect motors to ramps jumpers.....could that be it?

End stops work nice when under LCD smart controller command..-jogging.
May 23, 2014 07:06PM
I suspect you have the wrong end stops connected to the wrong motors.

From the front of the machine the right hand tower is Y, the left is X and the rear is Z. Make sure your motors and end stops all match.

Andy
May 23, 2014 07:27PM
I second what Andy said. Slowly push your carriages down as close to the bed as you can get them with the power off, then turn on the power and send a home command if your printer isn't set up to home automatically on power-on. As soon as the carriages start to go up, trigger one of the endstops with your finger and see which carriage stops. If it isn't the one that you expect, swap the wires and repeat until all three towers stop with the correct endstops.....
nailed it. I had them all plugged in willy nilly. Great forum. Great help. Drinks on me tonight. Carriages just went up so silky.....I can't thank you enough for the help. I was so stuck in the programming that I never looked at the wiring. Noob +1
May 23, 2014 09:57PM
The drinks will taste so much better when they are coming from a 10mm cube-shaped shot glass off of your new printer..... smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login