Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel endstops

Posted by WZ9V 
Kossel endstops
May 01, 2014 10:34PM
If the Kossel mini only uses 3 end stops why did my set of parts come with 6 holders?
Re: Kossel endstops
May 02, 2014 05:07PM
I finally figured it out after much searching and mulling it over. The other 3 end stops are intended to help align the linear rail which I'm not using not to be min positiion switches. Min position end stops made zero sense because there is no way to set them up so that the head could not crash in some way.
May 03, 2014 07:18PM
Not exactly. They are there to stop the truck from going off the rail.
May 04, 2014 06:59PM
I'm not using rails, I did the wheels conversion.

I followed your config steps you sent and I have X and Z moving in the right direction by Y is moving downward no mater with direction I try for Z.

What should I be looking for?
May 04, 2014 10:38PM
Sounds like your direction signal is not being recognized by the driver. You don't have Y-min enabled do you? What does M119 report?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 11:09AM by jaydmdigital.
May 05, 2014 11:07AM
I suspected the direction pin based on the behaviour and swapped in the extruder driver which magically fixed the problem.

I did have the endstops wired to the min inputs because thats what the configuration on the Repetier tool had at first. I switched them to max and re-did the config and now I can how with G28 just fine. I'm working through the steps in the article you referenced in your blog post to set the X, Y, Z towers and then the plate center.

Not a bad Sunday, setup the whole firmware toolchain, compiled and downloaded firmware, got extruder and bed heaters going, got X, Y, Z all moving correctly and roughed in endstops.

My X, Y, Z are still a bit high and I have not even started to tweak the center. About now is when I would appreciate the adjustment screw I've seen on other carriages. I'm stuck moving the endstops on the openrail which is frustratingly tedious but I'm getting there.
May 05, 2014 11:12AM
If using Repetier, use the Tower endstop offsets to "move" the endstops toward the print surface.

[reprapandme.blogspot.com]

WZ9V
My X, Y, Z are still a bit high and I have not even started to tweak the center. About now is when I would appreciate the adjustment screw I've seen on other carriages. I'm stuck moving the endstops on the openrail which is frustratingly tedious but I'm getting there.
May 05, 2014 11:32AM
Thanks. I had forgotten about those. I'm so close at this point it probably is the right time to use that adjustment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login