Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

14" Silicone Heat Bed - 110v with Digital Controller/Display

Posted by simspeed 
14" Silicone Heat Bed - 110v with Digital Controller/Display
April 15, 2014 01:45PM
Hello to the group.

I am assembling components for a Berrybot 3D clone with a 14" print bed for my business use. In that process I've researched different types of bed heaters and found a source that will build high temperature silicone pad heaters for me in 355mm (14" approx. ) and 275mm (11" approx.) round pads. I've spec'd these for 110v power and digital temp controller/ LED displays for panel mounting. The pads will be manufactured with 10w/in2 wiring which gives approximately 1500w, and will give quick heating up to a preset max of 200c. Operating temp is user adjustable in (+/-) one degree increments settings through the controller panel. The controller houses a on/off switch, target heat indicator light, timer, and overtemp security built into the unit. I'm planning to top the heater pad on my printer with a large ceramic glass plate for the working surface. Attached is the configuration drawing I generated for the mfg.

I posting here to see if there is a demand from the 3D print community for silicone heaters of these sizes with digital controls and 110v power. I spec'd this configuration because I'll be installing the controller/display into the face plate on my printer frame. If there is any interest out there for one of these in either size please comment. I'll be ordering the build quantity based on expressed demand if any exists. Thanks....Simspeed.
Attachments:
open | download - Silicone Heat Pad.JPG (75.3 KB)
Re: 14" Silicone Heat Bed - 110v with Digital Controller/Display
April 15, 2014 02:53PM
Can they produce the heater pad with two independent zones each rated for 110V? That way, our friends in the rest of the world where 240V is common can use the same pad, but with both 110V zones wired in series instead of parallel for 110V. (AC does work this way, correct?) Just trying to double your market size by making it world-compatible. Also, a detachable power cord rated for the maximum capacity is a requirement, and not the North American 110V plug that you have on it in your drawing.

With that said, I'm in the USA and my panel-mount external PID temperature was just delivered an hour ago by FedEx, so I'm not in the market for a complete assembly.....
April 15, 2014 03:22PM
I would be interested in a 14" x 14" square heater pad, 110VAC, and integrated thermistor/thermocouple would be a nice touch. No personal need for an external controller as I would be integrating directly into the main controller by way of SSR and closing the loop with the thermistor/thermocouple.

- let me know if you have any interest in having these made - if you wouldn't mind drop me a PM. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2014 03:23PM by mobile chernobyl.
April 15, 2014 08:48PM
I think the "standard" U.S. UL rated plug as depicted in the drawing will adequately handle the max 1500w/ 110v/ 13 amp output for this device. That rating and load is typical of numerous electrical appliances such as hand blow dryers. The controller/display and components are UL rated and the silicone heater assembly is CE rated. The intent here is to offer something that I am commissioning for myself. There is economy in volume purchases of specialized devices such as this heater. I'm not looking to sell beyond a quantity that makes economic sense to acquire what I want for my own needs. Specialization beyond what is described above is not offered for this particular heater...in these two particular sizes. Thanks everyone for your comments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login