Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS?

Posted by wretan 
ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS?
February 23, 2014 05:00PM
Hi,

I´m installing Marlin with delta settings and a bed auto levelling probe but run into problems when uploading (to arduino/ramps1.4)

I get 5 errors with the ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS, please check my attached file. I´m a totally beginner at arduino so I can´t figure out what I should change.

Should really appreciate some help here... eye rolling smiley

With best regards
Wretan
Attachments:
open | download - problem.JPG (137.7 KB)
Re: ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS?
February 24, 2014 01:39AM
Are you sure you set the variables correctly in the configuration.h? Might pay to double check. When I set some odd number in the config (say a negative number for the number of extruders) it will throw some weird errors. So double check your config.
Len
February 24, 2014 04:24PM
In configuration.h look for the following:

//============================= Bed Auto Leveling ===========================

//#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)

-----

remove the "//" before the *define. That will make ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS visible, although I'm not sure why your program is looking for it if not enabled. I found that by looking for the thing it was complaining about and found it in another file that showed it defined when ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING was defined.
February 24, 2014 04:44PM
Hi and thank you!

Actually I have the Auto_bed_leveling enabled so probably I will end up searching for anything else that looks "fishy"..

I havent wired the Ramps/Arduino to the steppers or microswitches (endstop and zprobe) yet, do you think it could matter?

Thanx!

/wretan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 04:45PM by wretan.
Len
February 25, 2014 08:19AM
About half way down the configuration.h file there is:

#define ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING

#ifdef ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING
#define ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS 7
#define ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_GRID_X ((RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION - LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION) / (ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS - 1))
#define ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_GRID_Y ((BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION - FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION) / (ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING_POINTS - 1))

This is where it is defined and #define ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING must be uncommented.

I am having problems with the automatic bed leveling right now so post back how you are doing after the compile and download works.
August 23, 2014 02:30PM
I was compiling Marlin deltabot and had similar error messages.

I had downloaded the deltabot branch of jcrocholl's Marlin repository,
while changing the configuration file I found the following instructions:

//===========================================================================
//============================= DELTA Printer ===============================
//===========================================================================
// For a Delta printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/delta directory.

You probably don't want to follow this instruction, the example files seem outdated...

The version in the example folder seems to be missing the ACCURATE_BED_LEVELING defines,
when I replaced the original with the example configuration I had the same error messages as you.

RS-Online Ormerod #263, Kossel mini with Minitronics, Prusa i3 MK2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login