Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printable area of Deltas (Rostock, 3DR,...)

Posted by dolphinboy 
Printable area of Deltas (Rostock, 3DR,...)
January 28, 2014 06:26AM
Hello,

I have checked that my 3DR has it's virtual limit in the square circumscribed in the circular platform. Visual explanation:

That is, I'm able to move the extruder to any point in the 260mm circular area but when I try to print something (sliced in Slic3r) it stops at the virtual squared limit of 183mm (green area in the picture).
Is it possible to turn the whole circular area into the printable area (green + red area in the picture)? I guess it's a stupid error setting up the firmware (Marlin) or a parameter inside Slic3r because manually the extruder goes to any point...

Any idea?
Thanks
Re: Printable area of Deltas (Rostock, 3DR,...)
January 28, 2014 09:59AM
I believe there is a setting in repetier (I assume that is what you are using), to switch your print area to circular/delta.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
January 28, 2014 02:51PM
Maybe firmware options: X_MAX_POS, X_MIN_POS, Y_MAX_POS, Y_MIN_POS. That is provided the software endstops are enabled (min_software_endstops, max_software_endstops). These settings are in Configuration.h.
January 28, 2014 05:31PM
Yeah! You are right hercek, those options are the ones that control the limits... it was there but I wasn't able to find it, thanks a lot!
The curious thing is that by default they are set to 90mm, that is 180mm in total length which is very very close to the "square circumscribed in a circle of 260mm diameter"... Hehehe

So, issue solved, thanks again
=)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login