Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm Stuck. Need help calibrating endstops and Delta Radius... Please

Posted by disneytoy 
I'm Stuck. Need help calibrating endstops and Delta Radius... Please
January 05, 2014 03:43PM
Hello!

I've been going round and round trying to calibrate my printer. I'm running the Latest Marlin. (DELTA)

I have measured my X Y Z (A B C) Towers

I can reach the bed (with a thick piece of papersmiling smiley

TOWERS:

(X) Z1.5

(Y) Z0.6

(Z) Z0

CENTER Z0

---------------
I've tried M666 with out much luck in Repetier Host.

I tried:

M666 X1.4 Y0.6 Z0

G28

G1 X-70 Y-40 Z0 F5000

And the head crashes into the bed. I get the same effect with our without the M666

If I go back to:

G28

G1 X-70 Y-40 Z1.5 F5000 (My X tower, I get level.)

I even tried the reverse:

M666 X-1.4 Y-0.6 Z0

---------------------------

I do not have screws on my carriages so I cant to manual ajustment. Should I just start akking tape to the bottom of my bed?

Thanks!
Re: I'm Stuck. Need help calibrating endstops and Delta Radius... Please
January 05, 2014 06:30PM
Hi Disneytoy

I used M666 successfully. All my values are negative I.e M666 X-1.65 etc. set the M666 value for your first tower, X?. Then home the carriages then run the script to take the head to the base of the tower. I use a piece of square aluminium tube which is exactly 12mm and set my script to take the carriage to Z12. This enables me to jog up and down in RH to find the value to adjust M666 by. I started with M666 X-5 Y-5 Z-5. You should be able to see the carriages home and then drop by the relevant M666 value. Try going from -5 to -10 on one carriage to see the effect. Once the first tower is set go to the next. Don't forget to home after each change to M666 and don't forget to send an M500 command to lock the values into EEPROM. Also make sure EEPROM is enabled in config.h.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login