Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta4 Production Printer

Posted by MattMoses 
November 29, 2013 10:56AM
Hi everyone, this cool quad-Delta printer by Gerald Anzalone popped up on the mailing list about a week ago. Posting it here for those who haven't seen it yet:

Gerald Anzalone
It's a four platform delta driven with just four motors and using as many self-printable parts as practical. It's designed for flexibility, but ultimately for production. As few as a single part or as many as four can be printed synchronously.
Re: Delta4 Production Printer
December 02, 2013 01:27PM
Looks like a rostock to me. I don't see where the quad bit comes in, except for there being 4 motors like on any other rostock..

I really like the build design, with the wooden reinforcements. I was planning on doing mine like that.
Goes to show you if have an idea, some else probably already did. But not always. smoking smiley
December 02, 2013 02:59PM
@TheTechnicalNoob: It is a Rostock style bot but there are 4 of them stacked on top of each other. I think that qualifies as awesome!

I really like this design. There could be some optimizations done to connect carriages together vertically so that you don't have to have as many bearings and or smooth rods. For instance you can leave the rods on the top and bottom stages and remove all the rest. You can then have a stretcher from the top to the bottom that has 4 connect points for arms. That said, this is more modular.
December 05, 2013 06:59PM
Does each unit use its own stepper motors or could you use 1 set of motors of beefy motors for the whole lot?

Very nice design!

EDIT: first time I watched the vid I didn't look carefully and didn't notice that its 4 of them stacked. I thought it was some funny video transition... >smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 07:00PM by TheTechnicalNoob.
December 05, 2013 07:22PM
I am pretty sure that the machine in the vid has only 1 set of steppers. I haven't calculated anything but I assume that you can get away with normal NEMA17.
December 19, 2013 05:29PM
Very cool design!

Blogs:
Meine 3D Druck Abenteuer
[3dptb.blogspot.de]
FLSUN Delta Drucker für Deutschland
[flsun-deutschland.blogspot.com]
Books on 3D patents:
[goo.gl] (english)
[www.amazon.de] (deutsch)
December 23, 2013 12:15PM
This is cool... what a work horse!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login