Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scaling Kossel

Posted by Justintime 
Scaling Kossel
November 21, 2013 01:24PM
After finishing my first 3D printer a Prusa I3 with succes. I am up to the next challenge a Kossel.
At first i wanted to build a delta robot. I like the way the thing moves..... its awesome. But i thought it was a bit to difficult for a first 3d printer. But now i am in to it!!

As i want to print large things like vazes.... i want a print height of aproxx 450mm and a square build bed of approx 180mm.

Can somebody tell me what beam sizes i have to use? And which size diagonal arms
I found a Kossel calculator but i cant modify the digits. And i dont know if its still correct.

[docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2013 01:27PM by Justintime.
Re: Scaling Kossel
November 21, 2013 03:44PM
December 17, 2013 02:57AM
You can download the document as an Excel spreadsheet and then use it as you please.
The USER has it in his trash basket which is apparently why it can not be edited.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 17, 2013 07:17PM
What are the tradeoffs when scaling up? I have to imagine resolution would suffer with longer arms.

Using this calculator, if you made it 1.5m tall and 500mm on each side, you'd have 400mm arms vs. the 240mm in a 600mm tall unit. Will that approx halve the XYZ resolution?
December 17, 2013 11:59PM
The main trade off I hear reading this [groups.google.com] thread is that with larger size comes more flexibility in the frame which can be an issue.

Here [groups.google.com] Leslie has upgraded her kossel mini to a larger size. Have a read in those thread, lots of info there for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login