Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Hotend?

Posted by ikentron 
Rostock Hotend?
October 30, 2013 12:11AM
Hello, First post here..

I've been working on my first reprap printer and have decided to go with a rostock. This may not have been the best choice for a first time printer but it's too late to turn back!
Ever since I have started to work on this project I have had one question on my mind ... Which hotend should I use? From what I can tell, it's recommended to use a MakerGear 1.75mm Filament with 0.5mm Nozzle. However, from the time I started this till just recently I have noticed the MakerGear hotend has possibly changed their style and am wondering if it is still recommended? I have also seen others use other hotends on their Rostocks.
My questions is, if you have any experience with a Rostock, which hotend would you recommend, and would fit it best. Also, with using the hotend you have recommended, would there need to be any major modifications done to the printer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 12:13AM by ikentron.
Re: Rostock Hotend?
October 30, 2013 01:41AM
Right now I'm using an E3D hotend. The problem I've run into with the bowden setup is there is too much resistance, the all metal hotends help with that.
Re: Rostock Hotend?
October 30, 2013 09:54PM
This is my first printer and I'm using a budaschnozzle style from the bay with .35 tip for pla 1.75.

I'll let you know how it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login