Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrade guid from Prusa Mendel to Rostock?

Posted by fsamir 
Upgrade guid from Prusa Mendel to Rostock?
August 26, 2013 09:22PM
Hi there,

I am looking forward to upgrading from a Prusa Mendel to a Rostock/Kossel. Can you point me to a guide?

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
Re: Upgrade guid from Prusa Mendel to Rostock?
August 27, 2013 12:36PM
I don't know of a detailed guide but it's basically a matter of sourcing the necessary parts and assembling, same as any printer... you should be able to print all the necessary parts for a Rostock-variant on your Prusa.
Re: Upgrade guid from Prusa Mendel to Rostock?
August 27, 2013 07:01PM
Hello,
I am doing same thing - got prusa mendel and building rostock printer. I choose rostock because I don't want spend $ on aluminum extrusion.
As for guide - I didn't seen any I based on sources found in [www.thingiverse.com] and I plan to use fishing braid lines not belts [www.thingiverse.com]
Also I wanted to use printed rods - so I use: [www.thingiverse.com] - if there will be problems calibrating etc. I'll consider change.

I printed all parts and ordered 8mm rods 36inch long with LM8UU bearings x6. this makes printer pretty high - but I plan on extending bed size and extra height will be needed.
I also got new electronics - ramps 1.4 which I didn't connect yet. I choose ramps because I got that already on my prusa mendel (I plan on keeping original prusa mendel intact for printing parts as needed).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login