Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Firmware

Posted by johnpanter 
Marlin Firmware
April 10, 2013 01:38PM
Hi guys, Another 'Newbee' problem.
Ive built my Rostock printer. I am trying to download the marlin V1 firmware to my Arduino mega /RAMPS 1.4.. I'm following the 'Configuration and Compilation' guidance, on 'Github.com/jcrocholl/Marlin/tree/marlin_V1 webpage.
I'm at 'Start the arduino IDE. Select Tools -> Board -> Arduino Mega 2560 or your microcontroller Select the correct serial port in Tools ->Serial Port Open Marlin.pde' . . . and I cant find the marlin.pde file in the downloaded marlin directories..
Anyone know where I've gone wrong?
Re: Marlin Firmware
April 10, 2013 02:48PM
Have you got Marlin.ino, that is what it is called for later versions of the Arduino IDE?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 11, 2013 06:02PM
No; there's no 'marlin.ino' either. Have attached a screengrab of the file names in the directory; there are 5 with 'marlin' in the name. One (with no extension) is a 'processing source code' file ?!? Others following this procedure must have found the file elsewhere?
April 11, 2013 06:21PM
The one with no extension is your .pde, windows is 'helpfully' hiding known extensions to protect you from scary technical details. You can turn that off, google 'hide known file extensions' to find instructions for your flavour of windows.
April 12, 2013 01:49PM
Many thanks. Sure enough, those splendid windows people had hidden the extension; Ooohhh I laughed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login