Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

calibrating problem

Posted by seppineppi 
calibrating problem
April 04, 2013 04:26AM
hello fellows,

i have finished my rostock robot from mechanical side and trying for 3 days now to calibrate it. the problem i am facing is,
that i can not find a accaptable way to get the z-"lift" and the correct size in x & y under one hat.

i am using repetier firmware and a traxxas ball rostock

my config-file looks like that for example:

#define DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD 230.0 // mm

/** \brief Number of segments to generate for delta conversions per second of move
*/
#define DELTA_SEGMENTS_PER_SECOND_PRINT 200 // Move accurate setting for print moves
#define DELTA_SEGMENTS_PER_SECOND_MOVE 70 // Less accurate setting for other moves

/** \brief Horizontal offset of the universal joints on the end effector (moving platform).
*/
#define END_EFFECTOR_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET 33

/** \brief Horizontal offset of the universal joints on the vertical carriages.
*/
#define CARRIAGE_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET 22

/** \brief Printer radius in mm, measured from the center of the print area to the vertical smooth rod.
*/
#define PRINTER_RADIUS 140

/**  \brief Horizontal distance bridged by the diagonal push rod when the end effector is in the center. It is pretty close to 50% of the push rod length (250 mm).
*/
#define DELTA_RADIUS (PRINTER_RADIUS-END_EFFECTOR_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET-CARRIAGE_HORIZONTAL_OFFSET)

in a few posts one can find this guide http://minow.blogspot.com.au/ for calibrating a rostock.

the strange thing here according to mine rostock is:

when i get the z lift correct my x-y dimensions are way off what they should be . if i change the rod lengths after setting the printer radius i get a z-lift again.... so both variables effect z-lift..

what i am doing wrong? can the push-rods be too long? i am using a bit smaller baseplate so the smoth-rod radius is a bit smaller than it should be, but can this effect the geometrie like this?

thanks a lot
Re: calibrating problem
April 04, 2013 04:29AM
one add:

in the calibration guide in the link above it says:

If the length of the object is wrong, adjust DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD:

new DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD =
100 / measured_length * original DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD

so if my dimeonsion is too small (95 for example instead of 100) the diagonal-rod-variable should increase.

if i increase my rod-variable the real size gets smaller... how come this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login