Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock testing (steppers)

Posted by jamesarm97b 
Rostock testing (steppers)
August 01, 2012 05:03PM
Does the modified Rostock firmware support manually moving the X / Y / Z axis with the LCD? I was trying to test the stepper portion before I assembled the rest and as soon as I go into the menu Prepare -> Move Axis then select any of X / Y / Z and press the select button all the motors start rotating, even before I tell it how far to move. They don't sound so good. Is this a firmware problem because there is no real X / Y / Z and the delta mods were made and the manual portion doesn't work? I get something like this while watching the serial output:

echo:enqueing "G1 F700 X0.1"
mm=0.10 seconds=0.01 steps=1
echo:enqueing "G90"

I have to reset the board to get it to stop moving all the steppers.
Re: Rostock testing (steppers)
August 02, 2012 09:55AM
With mine I can't move anything until I home the machine. I think that it is necessary so that the delta bots arms are in sync and don't break themselves.
Re: Rostock testing (steppers)
August 02, 2012 11:02AM
That was it along with the driver current needing to be adjusted. I did not think it was that sensitive. There was one sweet spot where the motors quieted down and operated correctly. Once I built further with the endstops it seems to be working.

If I home then go into pronterface or the lcd to move it first moves up a bit then starts to move in the direction I am telling it to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login