Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My stab.

Posted by Schweppes 
My stab.
February 21, 2012 09:56AM
So, here's my stab at building a delta bot.

At the moment it's just physically built..I have no controlling software. It's got 3 nema17s...(yes I know over powered, but that's all I got.) will have pololus with an arduino UNO. Later on down the road, there will be probably smaller steppers, and a sanguinololu...The effector is actually not the original...I broke the original...sad smiley Anyways! you can check it out on my website...and the flickr...and Well, here!

I decided to build a delta because they're basically as cheap as it can get to build a robot with minimal parts and size. It can be pretty accurate and I've never my own robot before. And as a first design/prototype, it'll be not much more than just a drawing machine. Later prototypes may become something else.

The device itself at it's basics goes as follows;
arduino UNO
3 nema 17s
3 a4983s
breadboard(s) and other electronics for the prototype
laser cut body

To be honest, I'm completely useless when it comes to coding...I've gathered some around the internets..but it's mostly greek to me. At the moment I'm trying to get into some contact with people about the coding side of it...however anyone who would like to help me out, feel free to drop a message!

Linkz
Smooth Octopus linkz
Flickr More pictures

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 10:05AM by Schweppes.
Attachments:
open | download - Raptopus small2.jpg (160.3 KB)
Re: My stab.
February 22, 2012 07:55AM
My delta robot has some simple software to run it here. The software link is on the blog page. My robot was a parallel type with linear bearings, but to use it for your machine you would just need to modify the 3 equations in the delta routine. These equations should be available on the net.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login