Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Riki200

Posted by lkcl 
Re: Riki200 v3 FIrst print!
September 10, 2017 11:41AM
Pulley / bearing / gap / bearing / coupler on a short shaft and pulley / bearing / big pulley / bearing / long shaft to coupler on the other.
No need to put bearings on the outside of the 20T pulley. Just two bearings in a reasonable distance per shaft.
September 10, 2017 08:53PM
o_lampe
Pulley / bearing / gap / bearing / coupler on a short shaft and pulley / bearing / big pulley / bearing / long shaft to coupler on the other.
No need to put bearings on the outside of the 20T pulley. Just two bearings in a reasonable distance per shaft.

"pulley - bearing - gap - bearing" hmmm.... that's awkward:

it means extending a bridge over the air, or extending the base to reach the 2020 just under the blue x-end. it'd be much easier to put a bearing holder to the left of the GT2-20T, and in this case it'll slot in no problem. the other one is more problematic:

in this case the belt endholder is *above* the 5mm OD rod, and you can't fit anything to the right because there's an endstop there. however what i might be able to do is entirely take out that back wall, create two towers (bearing holders in each) and then a floor bridging betweeen those, then sit the belt endholder on top of that, open at the back.

that way it would be possible to slot the bearings in left and right then drop the GT2-20T in the gap.

the other reason i don't want to do a split shaft is because it effectively *masks* rather than *solves* a problem. the shaft shouldn't be bending such that splitting it is being considered. i'd much rather fix the bending smiling smiley
September 11, 2017 12:39AM
i really do seem to like that spline-curve generating function smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login