Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anodised Extruded Aluminium.

Posted by Rlewisrlou666 
Anodised Extruded Aluminium.
October 19, 2016 10:27AM
Hi guys and girls,

Has anyone experimented with Anodising Extruded Aluminum or does anyone in the U.K. Know of somewhere that can Anodise in colours other than black or silver?

If it's not possible can anyone share their best results on adding a splash of colour to their Frames?

Cheers Ryan.

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
Re: Anodised Extruded Aluminium.
October 19, 2016 11:25AM
Translucent strips in the channels with led's behind.
VDX
October 19, 2016 11:43AM
... look at the attached images here - [forums.reprap.org]

MBeside - my company orders all sorts of coloured anodized aluminium -- e.g. gold, green, red, blue, mauve, purple, ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 19, 2016 12:32PM
Oh I will be having lights and LED fans. Old PSU's and the PC Custom Lighting Kits are so cheap now it would be silly not to really. smiling smiley

I'm thinking more along the lines of making the actual frame a different colour once its finished.

It would be nice to have a Red outer Frame and Black Axis Frames without having to rely on Plastic Printed Parts adding the colour.

Or Orange and Black like the Mk2.

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login